Join TexasGunTalk

Shooting on private land

Discussion in 'Texas Gun Ranges' started by saberune, Nov 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Savage20

Savage20 TGT Addict BANNED!!!

Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd

All the areas I listed have actual TxDOT River Access Roads which are paved and will lead you right to the river. They even have paved parking areas which are just a few dozen yards from the river. They're popular areas for fishermen, kayakers, druggies, AND HUNTERS AND SHOOTERS. You do not need a 4x4 or an amphibious vehicle to access these spots. Just park under the bridge and walk 5-50 yds to the beach.

2. Renegade

Renegade SuperOwner

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

What part of OP statement "Not looking to hunt or disturb wildlife" do YOU not comprehend?

3. Savage20

Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    And you think he's not going to disturb wildlife by shooting on private land? Maybe those are wildlife-free areas? lmao

I see you had no response to the rest of my post... :rolleyes: Hhmmph.

4. Renegade

Renegade SuperOwner

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Not what I think, what OP requested. Reading comprehension fail again.

Rehash of previous spin you already made. Some of it wrong too, like this claim "You just can't grasp the concept that if it is legal to hunt, it is also legal to shoot" Many places are not legal to shoot on even though they are legal to hunt on. LBJ Grasslands, Lavon Lake, for example.

You are giving newbie to Texas a ton of wrong advice.

5. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Your first link refers to motor vehicles, and does not address firearms at all.

The second link has the FAQ quoted earlier, but your conclusion that "hunting is legal" on riverbeds is erroneous. It is legal on SOME riverbeds.

6. Savage20

Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd

USDA says otherwise.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/texas/about-forest/districts/?cid=fswdev3_008440

So during hunting season, while you're hunting on the LBJ Grasslands, how are you supposed to hunt? Chucking rocks?

7. Savage20

Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd

lol I'm done. Believe me or don't believe me, I couldn't care less. I've talked to multiple GWs about this, including on site at the damn river.

That first link I shared was to help clarify what a navigable waterway is. The second link clearly mentions hunting on riverbeds. And I never said hunting was legal on all riverbeds. Read my second post in this thread. Renegade can help you understand it better. Actually, probably not. Let me quote it, and try to comprehend the part in bold face.

For example, Harris County does not allow it, but Montgomery, Brazos, Waller, and Grimes Counties do.

8. TheDan

TheDan 4th Best Member TGT Supporter

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Where's the fun in that?

After posting, I did see the article stating you can no longer drive on a navigable waterway. Didn't know that... Oops :laughing:

9. Renegade

Renegade SuperOwner

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    You hunt with guns. You cannot setup ("shoot and plink on their land") as OP requested.

You also forgot this part: The discharge of firearms and hunting is prohibited on and around the lake.

Shooting and plinking on LBJ has been been for 20+ years. Go there today and try it and find out the hard way.

10. karlac

karlac Gone fishin' ... TGT Supporter Lifetime Member

Aug 21, 2013
    WestU, TX
    Sad to see that enjoying public lands in Texas now comes down to parsing the words in a fucking statute.

Growing up here, when much of rural Texas was not yet absentee owned, Texans routinely hunted along navigable rivers, including the above counties. Hell, stationed at Fort Bliss in the 60's, we hunted along the Rio Grande during dove season ... and yep, had to walk across to pick up a downed bird on occasion. Heaven forbid doing that today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.