• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redscout02

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Corpus Christi,tx
    Sell before you go HELL YES did that before my last one and I am still driving the truck I got when I got back, uh dang it's a 99 and I (never mine) anyway on the the insurance thing talk to your insurance guy before you drop it, because if you have a good record now and you just drop it you will be starting all over again because there will be no record for the last year. You should be able to go into a hold and keep a good record. Depending who you have, and I don't need to know, but since I sell insurance I do that for my military customers all the time.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I like it, looks like a mini Deuce. IMO, I don't like the aftermarket tail lights though. It throws off the military look.

i agree, but they didnt have the blacked out trim pieces when i got these. the market hadnt come out with em yet, so you had these and factory which sucked for light output.

Sell before you go HELL YES did that before my last one and I am still driving the truck I got when I got back, uh dang it's a 99 and I (never mine) anyway on the the insurance thing talk to your insurance guy before you drop it, because if you have a good record now and you just drop it you will be starting all over again because there will be no record for the last year. You should be able to go into a hold and keep a good record. Depending who you have, and I don't need to know, but since I sell insurance I do that for my military customers all the time.

thats kinda what i figured about the insurance thing, ive got allstate, but was checkin that amica out. so is there usually some fee for doin a hold?

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    Put a supercharger on it and then you will want to keep it, because it would be too much fun to sell.

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    I have two 03 Rams, 1 hemi and 1 4.7, both have cracks in the dash. It's weird how they both got huge cracks overnight, besides that, they're both good trucks and have never gave me problems.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I have two 03 Rams, 1 hemi and 1 4.7, both have cracks in the dash. It's weird how they both got huge cracks overnight, besides that, they're both good trucks and have never gave me problems.

thats how mine was, got in the truck and i had a crack :-/ its not nearly as bad as some ive seen though.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    My wife keeps hounding me to get a new truck/suv (she really wants me to get a Cadillac because she wants to drive it) and granted my truck is old and has some cosmetic damage but other than that there's nothing wrong with it. My 11 year old starts and runs 99% of the time, the ac works, the 4x4 works, and IT'S PAID OFF as is her jeep. A lot of people get caught up in the wants in life and often forget about the needs in life. I say run it till the wheels fall off then buy a new truck.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    My wife keeps hounding me to get a new truck/suv (she really wants me to get a Cadillac because she wants to drive it) and granted my truck is old and has some cosmetic damage but other than that there's nothing wrong with it. My 11 year old starts and runs 99% of the time, the ac works, the 4x4 works, and IT'S PAID OFF as is her jeep. A lot of people get caught up in the wants in life and often forget about the needs in life. I say run it till the wheels fall off then buy a new truck.

this is what im worried about, am i gonna find a buyer when the wheels fall off. right now im thinking about the cost savings on mpg as well as the cost savings on maintenance, sure some of these are expensive, but you usually dont run into those. everything is for the most part holding up fine, but is it gonna be like that in another year or more? its easier to find a buyer while everything is workin, than for when its on blocks and needs a trailer. also, i know the savings arent gonna be rolling in on payments, but im sure ima keep the truck the same amount of time i have with this one and longer. so it will eventually pay itself back, if i pinch my pennies while im gone and get my truck sold, im sure my payments wont be as much if anything at all.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    its a gasser, at the time i bought the truck. i was in the search for a cummins, but there was none within 150 miles and i searched and searched. one place said they had one, i showed up and they said it was sold the day before. pissed off i went back to my town after wasting my time and bought this truck. it was the best deal and i needed a truck. its gone from stock to upgraded through the years to transition for my diesel swap i was going to do. that was until another member of an offroad forum i belong to went that route and the total was something like 10k min. i figured id get a better and newer truck for just a little more and save the headache. its got about 150-160k on it.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    My first truck was a 93 2500 4x4 with a 5.9 gasser. things was awesome but gas was cheap then. You could watch the gas gauge drop passing people.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    My first truck was a 93 2500 4x4 with a 5.9 gasser. things was awesome but gas was cheap then. You could watch the gas gauge drop passing people.

yep, gas sure was cheaper. ive been gassing 93 lately and it was 4.19 here for awhile. at that same price i could get 10+ more mpg with a cummins =(

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Mopar-Baja-500-Win-KORE-060610.jpg

kore-greer-class-8.jpg

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    yeah my next vehicle will be a cummins. the milage is worth the extra price of fuel

I had a 04 Cummins dually and the best average mileage I was able to achieve was 13MPG. To me the cost per mile just didn't work out vs gas engine vehicles. I had a VW Jetta TDI and was able to get on average 44MPG. It was a great little car we just out grew it.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I had a 04 Cummins dually and the best average mileage I was able to achieve was 13MPG. To me the cost per mile just didn't work out vs gas engine vehicles. I had a VW Jetta TDI and was able to get on average 44MPG. It was a great little car we just out grew it.

the 12v seemed to get better gas mileage, but for some reason guys in the 06/07 have said its comparable to the 12v on mpg. was your cummins broke in yet? 13mpg sounds good to me even if it aint on a break in.

heavyzee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2011
    Austin
    i have a 2010 ram 1500 4x4 and i love it

bought it 14 mo old w 20k on the clock for $22k

its got the new 4.7 so its 300+ ftlbs and hp plus i average 20 mpg when im not drivin the hills in austin

i highly recommend it, although i will say the paint seems to be very thin, i have rock chips on the hood like u can't believe

Rangel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Crosby Tx

My 03 averages 16-18 unloaded city. About 22-23hwy. It all depends on how you drive.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    My 03 averages 16-18 unloaded city. About 22-23hwy. It all depends on how you drive.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

im thinkin i might look into your year range more. i like too be able to see and the factory lights on mine sucked, i upgraded them to sports and they were awesome and then i went projectors and theyre even better. the cut off flap is very clean and so is the bulb/casing match so the light doesnt look like crap to others having to see it in their face. hows the lighting on yours? if they suck compared to 06 lights ill just swap 06 headlights in.

Top Bottom