• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    im thinking of selling my truck and getting a newer ram. my truck has been paid off since i bought it 12ish years ago. i want to get a newer used 06/07 ram. what do you guys think?
    Texas SOT

txbass06

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    Texarkana
    I've thought about doing the same thing a few times. A few of the local lots always have a 3rd gen hemi and they're not too badly priced. But I like mine too much to get rid of any time soon.
    I'll gladly take those tow mirrors off your hands if you do get rid of it :D

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    All my vehicles are paid for, I would not mind getting something new, but I like having no payments more.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I've thought about doing the same thing a few times. A few of the local lots always have a 3rd gen hemi and they're not too badly priced. But I like mine too much to get rid of any time soon.
    I'll gladly take those tow mirrors off your hands if you do get rid of it :D

no, get your own :P theyre really easy to install btw if you wanna upgrade. and they wired right up to my power/heat switch.

If you can do it for cash...fine. No payments.

lol, nope i cant buy vehicles outright anymore. this was the last one i could. maybe after this deployment i can.

one thing that does scare me about new vehicles, especially 03 and newer is it looks like the sheetmetal is even lower grade than before. one light tap and a whole sheet seems to krinkle.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Deployment? To where and for how long? (we don't need the answer)
    If overseas, why buy something only to have it sit until you return? In fact, I would sell the current truck right before I left and drop (suspend) the insurance until I had a new ride.

And dittos on the crappy pics

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Deployment? To where and for how long? (we don't need the answer)
    If overseas, why buy something only to have it sit until you return? In fact, I would sell the current truck right before I left and drop (suspend) the insurance until I had a new ride.

And dittos on the crappy pics

thats actually a thought that crossed my mind, i dont want to be paying for something i wont be using. i was thinking maybe after i get back i would get that new truck, but im still not sold on either ideas of keeping or selling.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    If you want to get into another Dodge Ram truck, look for a low-mileage 2004-2006 Ram 2500 or 3500 with the 5.9 Cummings diesel.

Those trucks are highly sought after (by theft reports).

No stupid emissions systems, and the 5.9 is a proven 250,000 mile engine with proper maintenance.

My 2005 pulls a 7,500 lb trailer without difficulty, and runs at 16 miles per gallon of diesel fuel. Unloaded, it cruises at 70 mph at 21 mpg.

I'll keep that truck until the seats collapse, and the door handles fall off.

Then, I'll just replace the seats and door handles.

It is the last truck I will ever own.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    If you want to get into another Dodge Ram truck, look for a low-mileage 2004-2006 Ram 2500 or 3500 with the 5.9 Cummings diesel.

Those trucks are highly sought after (by theft reports).

No stupid emissions systems, and the 5.9 is a proven 250,000 mile engine with proper maintenance.

My 2005 pulls a 7,500 lb trailer without difficulty, and runs at 16 miles per gallon of diesel fuel. Unloaded, it cruises at 70 mph at 21 mpg.

I'll keep that truck until the seats collapse, and the door handles fall off.

Then, I'll just replace the seats and door handles.

It is the last truck I will ever own.

yes i know about the 5.9 the early 07 has the 5.9 as well and not the new regeneration, dpf, but it has the updated interior, updated lights, and a lot of the suspension issues worked out. im sure im forgetting more, but basically i could update my truck to a somewhat newer model and keep it just as long as the truck ive had now and longer. ive had cummins with a million miles and slight oil leak. the year range you listed is pretty much what im looking for though, and i could get it for the same price i paid for mine when it was stock or cheaper.

Rangel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Crosby Tx
    I love truck 03 Ram 3500 SRW with 125k. Just getting broken in. I do like the 06-09 body style tho. Dash doesn't crack front end is still a problem area from what I read on other forums. Ive never had any issues, I just replaced my wheel original wheel bearings last month. Only good thing about an 07.5+ cummins is they don't use DEF for 3500 and down models.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

txbass06

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    Texarkana
    The '03-'06 1500's and '07 2500's and up do. Bit they're not near as bad as our body style

Luckily, the dash in my '97 still looks like brand new :D

Top Bottom