Hurley's Gold

Screw FedEx... WTF is their problem with delivering a damn gun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Not really Fed Ex's fault. They always leave a note at the delivery location, and if the place calls once they open the driver will be rerouted back.

Thats what the lady at the FFL told me yesterday... guess they never came back.

And thats what the guy at the FFL told me today "THey usually come before we open or when we are on lunch"

what the hell? The point im getting at is this driver and his normal route know's what he is delivering and to who. He knows their hours... its not rocket science.

It just blows me away that Overnight shipping is law to keep everyone safer and to stop the theft of firearms in the mail system by getting them to their location quickly... and they can't even get that right... unreal if you ask me.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    US Mail: An unlicensed person can ship a rifle or shotgun by US Mail. Unlicensed persons cannot ship a handgun by US Mail. Postal regulations allow the Post Office to open your package for inspection. Ammunition cannot be shipped by US Mail. You can search the US Post Office Postal Explorer site for specific USPS regulations regarding firearms and ammunition.
    FedEx: FedEx will only ship firearms via their Priority Overnight service. Ammunition must be shipped as dangerous goods.
    FedEx Ground: FedEx Ground will transport and deliver firearms (excluding handguns) as defined by the United States Gun Control Act of 1968, between areas served in the U.S. Ammunition must be shipped as dangerous goods.
    UPS: UPS will accept handgun shipments by Next Day Air only. Rifles and shotguns can be shipped by UPS ground service. UPS will accept shipments of ammunition. Most other shippers will no longer accept firearm shipments. Airborne and Roadway have specifically prohibited firearm shipments.

berto40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Houston
    I bet a lot of it has to do with economics. Overnight delivery costs a heck of a lot more than standard 5-7day ground shipping. So they get to charge you more. Guns have become a thing of luxury in some people's eyes/views. The longer the shipping company holds a package, the greater their liabiliity.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    and i don't trust them in the slightest bit.

This is the most expensive gun i have ever had shipped at $1450... The competence of this driver who keeps trying to deliver a package to a BUSINESS before 9 and 10 am is just ridiculous. This gun if lost will require an insane amount of paperwork and re-ordering this to be made will cost me at least 12 months to get another.

Im not a happy camper right now. This has officially sealed the deal for me. I will never ship or have a firearm shipped to me again. No matter how great the deal. The stress behind it is just not worth it.

JOe

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    I bet a lot of it has to do with economics. Overnight delivery costs a heck of a lot more than standard 5-7day ground shipping. So they get to charge you more. Guns have become a thing of luxury in some people's eyes/views. The longer the shipping company holds a package, the greater their liabiliity.

It's not about "economics" like you're stating. It's about "economics" in that FedUPS had to pay out lots of insurance claims due to their employees stealing pistols out of the system (before overnight delivery was required).

They went to the "overnight" requirement to cut down on this.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I called FedEx earlier, they said they were gonna try and get the driver to swing back to the shop.

no luck i guess. Now the FFL is closed tomorrow and that will be FedEx's 3rd and final attempt.

damnit... what a pain. I hate that i have no control over this

WadeP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    San Marcos, TX
    What amazes me is that they will repeatedly attempt residential delivery in the middle of the afternoon. If no one is at home to sign for it at 2pm on Tuesday, what are the chances of them being home at 2pm on Wednesday? Mind you, this is the same driver, same route, day after day. Must have short-term memory loss. After the second attempt, I call and ask them to hold it at the depot and they tell me sorry, only they shipper can ask for it to be held at the depot. What? This is UPS. FedEx will hold it at the depot if you call. They will even deliver it to a local Kinkos/FedEx and you can pick it up there 24/7.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I called FedEx earlier, they said they were gonna try and get the driver to swing back to the shop.

no luck i guess. Now the FFL is closed tomorrow and that will be FedEx's 3rd and final attempt.

damnit... what a pain. I hate that i have no control over this

Have your FFL call FEDEX and get the package Will-Call.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Have your FFL call FEDEX and get the package Will-Call.

I did, he said he will "Try" and get there tomorrow to pick it up and have it to me Friday since they are closed tomorrow.

just an overall pain in the butt and a total joke of their rules and reasoning behind them. Overnight... come on... and its gonna take me a week before i get this freaking thing. $50 overnight and it takes a week to get. Come on.

I think i will get my paperwork in order to become an FFL since im sick of dealing with other places.

Other FFL's around me are 30-100 bucks, or pickups are ONLY available on Tuesday between 9am-10am, yada yada yada yada.... just always seems to be something. It just freaks me out, like i said, this is the most expensive firearm i have ever had shipped and the thought of it going missing is just nerve racking.

JOe

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    that is so weird.
    i got a handgun from some body last year sometime via UPS 3 day ground service.
    i dont think i even signed to paper....

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Shipped to yourself? a non FFL?...

I know that if the gun is shipped from a FFL to an FFL it can go 3 day (or at least it doesn't have to go overnight)... but from an individual places like UPS and FedEx will overnight only.

Funny thing is that i know people that have sent complete guns back fro warranty work to Ruger and rugers shipping they paid for is for "machined Parts" and like $12 bucks! lol...

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    Shipped to yourself? a non FFL?...

I know that if the gun is shipped from a FFL to an FFL it can go 3 day (or at least it doesn't have to go overnight)... but from an individual places like UPS and FedEx will overnight only.

Lets' not muddy the water any more than it already is, please.

Long guns can go ground or turtle's back as far as FedUPS is concerned (from FFL or Joe Citizen).

Only handguns have the "expedited shipping" requirement.

Funny thing is that i know people that have sent complete guns back fro warranty work to Ruger and rugers shipping they paid for is for "machined Parts" and like $12 bucks! lol...
    Ayuck Ayuck Ayuck - that's quite legal (not funny at all).
    You (as a private citizen) are legal to ship your guns (any type) to any FFL holder in the United States for repair, AND (are you sitting down?) when they're done being repaired, the FFL holder can ship them directly back to you.

The only "funny" part is that the schmo made a false declaration (FedUPS won't pay out insurance on lost or damaged S&W or Ruger "machined Parts")

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The UPS regulations don't have anything to do with economics. So many firearms and especially Glocks coming out of the Georgia facility were stolen that they started the overnight rule. The package must be out of their system within 24 hours one way or another. They also were working with Glock to disguise their shipping containers. I got that right from UPS.

I sent a KelTec back to the Factory and they returned it to me by UPS. I was working 80 hours per week (no kidding) so I asked them to HOLD the package at the local UPS office so I could pick it up. UPS will NOT notify you when it arrrives, so it sat for a few hours and they returned it to Keltec! It must be out of their system within 24 hours, so if you don't snag it right when it arrives, ZAP....back to the sender it goes! I was a bit pissed off so I called Keltec and asked them to call me when they shipped it, again. Then I was ready for pickup when it got to my town. It sucks but that's how it works.

Incidentally, I saved 1/2 of the UPS shipping charge by sending it to KelTec in two packages. I took the pistol apart right in the UPS office and the nice lady helped me pack it up right there. That way, you are shpping gun parts and not guns. KelTec was OK with that but said they were not allowed to send it BACK to me in two parts. The difference in shipping was $50 whole and $23 in pieces.

Flash

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    Incidentally, I saved 1/2 of the UPS shipping charge by sending it to KelTec in two packages. I took the pistol apart right in the UPS office and the nice lady helped me pack it up right there. That way, you are shpping gun parts and not guns.
    That may work for UPS, but under federal law, the serialized receiver is "a gun" whether it's stripped or complete.

Top Bottom