• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yet you talk about how we can gain while they rebuild. We will be selling them shit on credit. If we didn't ensure their security we wouldn't be repaid. We would be more involved than ever.
    Texas SOT

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    And I didn't make the troll comment as an insult or because you disagree, it was the childish demeanor of your posts.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Yet you talk about how we can gain while they rebuild. We will be selling them shit on credit. If we didn't ensure their security we wouldn't be repaid. We would be more involved than ever.

Everyone buys on credit. They don't finance multibillion dollar projects from petty cash.

They will drill the oil. They will sell the oil. When they run out of the oil no one will ever care again.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    And I didn't make the troll comment as an insult or because you disagree, it was the childish demeanor of your posts.

We're arguing about Iran on a thread about Scott Walker on a board about guns in Texas. Anyone posting or reading a post in earnest seriousness needs to re-appraise where they are posting and why.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    We're arguing about Iran on a thread about Scott Walker on a board about guns in Texas. Anyone posting or reading a post in earnest seriousness needs to re-appraise where they are posting and why.

Reminds me a bit of the movie "Sahara"
    Al Giordino: Well, we're in the desert, looking for the source of a river pollutant, using as our map a cave drawing of a Civil War gunship, which is also in the desert. So I was just wondering when we're gonna have to sit down and re-evaluate our decision-making paradigm?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Everyone buys on credit. They don't finance multibillion dollar projects from petty cash.

They will drill the oil. They will sell the oil. When they run out of the oil no one will ever care again.

They will only drill oil if there is a stable government in the region.

We would have a huge interest and would be more involved than ever. Even if they did drill, we wouldn't be able to trust them to repay their debt.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

In other words, you realize that your logic is flawed so you will pretend to not care anymore about the discussion you chose to participate in.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    In other words, you realize that your logic is flawed so you will pretend to not care anymore about the discussion you chose to participate in.

No, I'm just not viewing this as a detailed debate, citing sources and references. Why are you? We can agree to disagree without making it personal. Making it personal on the same board discussing a swinging feminist is...misplaced.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Iraq-US

Yemen-Saudi

Nigeria-have to check

Two of the three have an outside influence making things work

Nigeria is relatively stable with English as a national language. The capital city is much like any other large, developing City. Lots of small business, a strong secondary education market, good internet access and relative security for a big city.

The rest of the country is more "wild," but from a stability perspective Nigeria is above average.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The participation rate (percentage of people in the workforce) is its lowest since the 70's.
    This maybe should be it's own thread, but this one is already way off topic so... whatever... ;)

I'm beginning to wonder if the labor participation numbers are really a bad thing? I suspect a fair number of the people that have been unemployed so long they have stopped looking for "regular" work have decided it's best to just be a stay at home dad or mom, or have found ways to survive being minimally self employed (cutting yards, painting fences, etc...) If that's the scenario, it means people are focusing more on their families and paying less taxes. That's a win in my book. If they are surviving off welfare, that's a whole other issue :p

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    We could get into the transition to an "agency model" for work (Microsoft has a video hinting at this for their view of the future, it's actually an interesting take that bears no resemblance to reality), but that's a completely different discussion for a completely different board.

To bring it back on course, Walker is firmly in the Right to Work camp.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    This maybe should be it's own thread, but this one is already way off topic so... whatever... ;)

I'm beginning to wonder if the labor participation numbers are really a bad thing? I suspect a fair number of the people that have been unemployed so long they have stopped looking for "regular" work have decided it's best to just be a stay at home dad or mom, or have found ways to survive being minimally self employed (cutting yards, painting fences, etc...) If that's the scenario, it means people are focusing more on their families and paying less taxes. That's a win in my book. If they are surviving off welfare, that's a whole other issue :p

Good thoughts.

I agree with moms staying home with the kids. We are better off as a society in those cases. But a large number of the long term unemployed are men as I recall. Majority either over 50 or young. Not so good.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Good thoughts.

I agree with moms staying home with the kids. We are better off as a society in those cases. But a large number of the long term unemployed are men as I recall. Majority either over 50 or young. Not so good.
    Stay at home mom or stay at home dad... either are good for the family unit. I wish I had been a stay at home dad instead of focusing on my career. We would have been dirt poor living a subsistence lifestyle, but richer in family.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX

Home sales don't correlate directly to the strength of the economy. In fact, with rates as low as they are and with rent rising in most major metropolitan areas, home purchases are being used to decrease housing costs, gain investment potential and, to some, leverage a home like a bank account (in terms of equity, mortgage, etc.).

In a weaker economy, putting money into a home is a smarter choice than during a strong economy with higher interest rates and less market-competitiveness.

Try again.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    D54G
    Top Bottom