• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Bleh, I was thinking they opened from Friday to Sunday. Nuts.

Oh, and here I was thinking you knew some secret way to get in and get some great deals before the crowds! Nuts!

It is too bad that the show isn't open on Fridays, it would be great to sneak out of work early and go, since it's on my way home. But considering some vendors still aren't even fully set up when the open the doors Saturday morning, I guess it's a pipe dream.

I'll just have to settle for a quick stop at the Powderhorn every once and a while after work on Fridays...

Cheers! M2

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    Hey Dan, will you be over at Appetitos?? I goota help the wife set up the yard sale and should try to get over there around 8.

Will probably be wear my TGO shirt and my white company hat if I can find it. Been getting ready for vacation, fixing the heater in the house, and working 10-13 hour days.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Well I won't get to go on Saturday cuz I'll be doing that Olde Fashioned Christmas thing in Castroville, but on Sunday look for the best looking, best dressed fellow in that whole place and that'll be me. ;)

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Hey Dan, will you be over at Appetitos?? I goota help the wife set up the yard sale and should try to get over there around 8.

Will probably be wear my TGO shirt and my white company hat if I can find it. Been getting ready for vacation, fixing the heater in the house, and working 10-13 hour days.

What day you going bud? Im planning on tomorrow.

netstorm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Texas
    I might show up, I just moved here to San Antonio. Does anyone know if anyone offers saigas, or any other ak74 variants at the show?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I might show up, I just moved here to San Antonio. Does anyone know if anyone offers saigas, or any other ak74 variants at the show?

Netstorm, there are several vendors that carry AKs. I got my Arsenal SGL-20 for a great price from Alan at AJC Sports last July. Sometimes Mel at General Firearms has a few as well, as does Mark at Chernushin (just up the table from Mel). I see them all over the show, you just gotta look around.

I'm going to try and get there tomorrow morning, really need to sell my AK.

Remind me again, what AK are you selling?

Cheers! M2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

Netstorm, there are several vendors that carry AKs. I got my Arsenal SGL-20 for a great price from Alan at AJC Sports last July. Sometimes Mel at General Firearms has a few as well, as does Mark at Chernushin (just up the table from Mel). I see them all over the show, you just gotta look around.

I'm going to try and get there tomorrow morning, really need to sell my AK.

Remind me again, what AK are you selling?

Cheers! M2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    OK, my "Google-fu" skills finally kicked in and I now recall which one it was; an Egyptian Maadi for sale in the following thread:

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/gun-classifieds/19112-egyptian-ak-sale.html

San Antone RR, my friend, it's yours if you are interested! I am always looking for another AK; but I am also trying to save up for a PSL or maybe even a M76.

For the time being about all I am looking for at this show is a nice and decently-priced Yugo 24/47 to go with my M48!

If I happen to see Bishop73 at the show I will let him know you're interested. If you want you can PM me your cell and I can pass it on to him, in case he doesn't see this.

Cheers! M2

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    Hey Dan, I will be going in the morning. I have to set the garage sale up before I skip out but plan to be on the road by 0730. If nothing else I will be wearing a white hat with my job logo on it stating we won the the ATA Presidents Award for 2010/

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Well, what d'ya know - we ARE going after all! Buddy of ours is gonna meet us over there. I'll have an NRA cap of some sort on, a Harley shirt an' a 5' blonde gal with me (my better half). Will be totin' my NIB Benellie Nova APG 12 ga along - after consideration, I'm gonna stick with my grandparents' old Sauer SxS an' Model 97's as my primary huntin' shotguns, so I'm gonna see if I can trade or swap outta the Benelli!
    We'll likely git there about noon....

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    So, who went and what did ya get? We were there when the doors opened, and were at the show for almost three hours. I stopped by my favorite vendors but didn't see anything I needed right away, helped a lady who was selling an Italian Bodeo M.1889/1922 military revolver that had been misidentified as being Russian. She wanted $150 OBO, but I had no interest in it. We went by before we left and she had sold it, and I later realized it was worth at least twice that amount despite missing the casing plunger. Oh well...

I did pick up a small gear bag, a Romanian AK bayonet and a patch, so I got out relatively cheap. Well, if you don't include the $20+ on breakfast at IHOP and ten bucks to get in; but at least I got there early enough to avoid the now-$3 parking fee!

Cheers! M2

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom