• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, I don't know if there's gonna be any guns or ammo there; but it might be interesting to see the mobs try to buy up what little there is or the ridiculous prices being asked for the stuff!

Anyone interested in joining in the circus, we'll most likely be at IHOP on Saturday at 8am for breakfast before going to the show.

Still not sure if we'll go in, that will all depend on the line. I suspect it might be stupid-crazy, or it could be quiet as no one will have anything to sell.

Either way, at least we can sit around and talk about the good ol' days over pancakes and coffee!

Cheers! M2
    Texas SOT

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Mobs will be crazy! I heard from friends who went to this weekend's gun show in corpus christi (actually robstown) that ARs were going for $2000 and 5.56 are $1000 for 1000 rounds...... crazy people.....

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Should be good for a laugh then!

I have heard of a few dealers who are having problems keeping items in stock. It might be troublesome for some businesses if they can't keep enough items up for sale!

Cheers! M2

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I have better things to do..lol

I was pissed off last time all this panic buying bs started up. So I have cars to work on and a atv. Mean while Ill just laugh like madmax said above.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    I'll be there hawking reasonably priced reloading supplies. I'm curious to see how bad the prices are. I know there will be nearly nothing there worth the asking price, but maybe some "trading" with smaller dealers or walkers-by might be possible.

Last edited:

redfred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    La Porte
    I went to the Pasadena Gun Show yesterday, and the prices were amazing. I expected the AR's and AK's to be expensive - ($2000 for a basic AR and $1500 for an AK), but I also saw plain stock SKS's for $600 and Mossberg "tactical" shptguns for $650. But the conversations were even more intriguing. I must have heard 5 or 6 small gun shop dealers saying that they may not stay in business after the first of the year if the assault gun ban went through. One guy told me that he had heard that Obama was planning a 1000% tax increase on ammo. I tried to explain that the president doesn't set tax policy, but he just said that Obama was going to declare martial law.
    It reminded me a lot of the first few gun shows I went to after Obama was elected. People were spending outrageous amounts of money for guns they didn't need the week before, and buying cases of ammo for what they could probably have put a down payment on a car. I wonder how many of those $2000 AR's will end up in a closet and get stolen because the peolple that are buying them don't have safes?

KaliJuan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    San Antonio
    I think SAXET will have to change its name to the SAXET Beef Jerkey and Effin Doo Dad show, cause that's all that's going to be left, "That's right folks comeon down where we have 24 different kinds of Beef Jerkey you can stuff in your gullet, plus a bunch of fake Indian relics and not to mention we will have the guy that's trying to sell that stupid assed cable tie crap and our famous Hide Your Beer can skin, parking is still ungodly and if you pay to get in, well hell, you set yourself up, all down at the SAXET Beef Jerkey and Effin Doo Dad - HOO AHH - Jerkey!!!"

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    redfred, I heard that same bullshit leading up to and immediately following the election, and I am sure it is going full swing after the mere whiff of a renewed AWB. I understand that with the huge increase in demand, supplies are going to run low; but considering how much dealers are making off these 2-3x markups I don't think there's much for them to be complaining about!

That said, I do feel for the more honest vendors who are legitimately trying to keep their prices reasonable and customers happy. I do expect we'll see some go under as they are unable to keep guns in stock and customers go elsewhere despite the ridiculous cost.

KaliJuan, we're still going to go if only to have a laugh. You know the secret to going early for breakfast, you get great parking without paying for it and you miss the crazy lines to get into the parking lot once the doors open. Plus, we usually have some fun discussions over coffee and pancakes.

I only fear the hysteria will be out of control and it's a madhouse. I recall the post-2008 election period where there were few firearms or ammo to be found, and what was available was at ludicrous prices (a buck a round for .380). I for one am going to be a bit more judicious in how much I shoot, and will probably shoot more .22LR than my .45ACP pistols or 7.62x39 rifles until all this craziness blows over and things hopefully go back to normal again...

Cheers! M2

jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I plan on coming out to IHOP (unless IHOP has tripled their prices due to being close to a gun show!). Might even bring 4 or 5 rounds of .223 to sell to cover my breakfast..... :p

CplHudson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Texas
    I bought enough stuff wayyy before the election as a hedge against panic buying. Its just too bad that I had a boating accident at canyon a few months ago.

I happen to like the beef jerky guy and the cable tie guy.

We sold out almost completely at the live oak show. (yeah, I know what y'all think of it, thats why i didnt say Live Oak Gun Show)

3AXBAT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    I expect I'll go by the show, if the crowd doesn't scare me off. Think there's any point in trolling with anything not related to evil black rifles?

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I'll be working but if you decide to ditch the show early you could always swing by and shoot the breeze and gawk at the lack of guns we have as well lol.

CplHudson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Texas
    I'll have two tables at the Saxet show, I am about to start recruiting friends and family to help me out at the show to deal with the frenzied crowd that I am sort of dreading.

I look forward to seeing y'all there!! I need to find the TGT flier to put on the table!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'll have two tables at the Saxet show, I am about to start recruiting friends and family to help me out at the show to deal with the frenzied crowd that I am sort of dreading.

I look forward to seeing y'all there!! I need to find the TGT flier to put on the table!

I can hook you up with some cards if we run into each other.

BrenGunner

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Kyle
    I might attempt to go to this one. Might try and dust off the C&R, hopefully with all the "assault weapon" craze some oldies might slip through.

GlockontheRocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    McAllen, TX
    Mobs will be crazy! I heard from friends who went to this weekend's gun show in corpus christi (actually robstown) that ARs were going for $2000 and 5.56 are $1000 for 1000 rounds...... crazy people.....

I was there as a vendor (No Weapons or Ammo, wish I would have taken a case or two of .223) It was freakin' crazy. I left to get breakfast for my Son about 10 minutes before the show. The line was 75 to 100 yards long to get in. AR's at $ 1500 were practically gone by the end of the show. Some did sell upwards of $ 2k.
    Glock 33 round factory mags that are normally from $ 29 to $39 on line, were $ 99. There were so many items that were priced out of our "Normal".
    Ammo prices were ridiculous. Seriously, If I'd known that someone was willing to give up a buck a round for .223, I'd have sold 2K rounds. Now before anyone starts bashing me for that, those buyers as well as the rest of us, know that we can be snagging a few boxes here and there at Academy over time at about $ 9 to $ 12 a box. I know it's a little scarce right now, but I feel that these "Panic" buyers are just fueling the Lib fire.
    I understand the supply and demand side of the business, but up until now, there had been no bad shortages (Not counting last "shortage"). Now it's seems that it is really "on". We can "thank" those that voted the "fearless" leaders (who carry or are protected by men who do) into office. It's us "peasants" that don't deserve the right to be protected. After all, we are not as valuable to our families and loved ones as they are. F##K THEM!!
    We can hope that it all fades into oblivion, doubtful, but I'm sure many of you who are well versed in the political arena, know much more about the wranglings of the politicos. I know it will have to go before the house and senate, but I feel that this time, it will have many repercussions. Many from the lessons they learned regarding the ineffectiveness of the first AWB.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The lesson learned from the first one should be that THEY DO NOT WORK.

I am not as pessimistic as I was at first. I feel the pro gun people if this country are beginning to speak up, contrary to what the media would have you believe.

We have as many senators openly opposing the ban as their are screaming about needing one although they don't get the air time that the kind do.

Get out, talk to people, educate as many as you can, and write you elected officials. It is up to us to change the course of this debate.

Top Bottom