• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Sheryl and I will be there for breakfast and the show. I want to replace the XD40SC I sold last year. Unfortunately S.A.W's won't be there... they had the best price (399.00) for the Essentials package. They are going to be at the Fort Worth show this weekend.
    Gun Zone Deals

wookie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    San Antonio
    I'm going to the range while everyone else goes to the gun show. Should be empty. Will anyone be shooting .223 they just bought for 2 bucks a round?

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    If I wake up in time il make it for breakfast. I'm bringing an ar and 11 mags in case people are still willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money for the stuff.

10mm and 45

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    San Antonio
    Enjoy breakfast! I probably won't be able to go this week due to work and getting old (hit the big 4-0 today). If ya'll feel like buying me a present I'll take some 10mm ammo :p.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    We left at 11:00 and the line was still all the way to the side of the building.

I'm glad to hear you found what you were looking for, Skip; we did see another at a price close to what you paid but the one I called you about was a bit more.

I bought a nice Tucker & Byrd leather holster for my XD, it has the sweat guard I wanted which is a hard thing to find. The gentleman I bought it from was Charles Byrd himself, and was very friendly and helpful. The holster itself is top quality, I am quite impressed by it.

Otherwise, all we saw were guns at a thousand dollars more than they were last month, and ammo at double the price. Luckily I didn't see anything I had to have, although there was a halfway decent deal on an Albanian SKS that I was considering. I figured I could live without it...

Cheers! M2

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    What a crazy show today. When me and Sheryl got there at 7:30 there was already a line. I've never seen that...
    We were going to go to IHOP and eat with the guys, but I had a specific gun I wanted to get, to replace my favorite carry gun the XD40SC.
    So I decided to go ahead and get in line for the almost hour and a half wait, letting Sheryl sit in the jeep.
    As guys were showing up carrying their AR's, they were getting stopped before they even made it to the back of the line. One guy was walking up to the line carrying a SIG AR, and a guy in front of me gave him 2,000 bucks FAST!! It was pretty amazing watching the AR's getting snatched up before people even got to their place in line.
    Anyways, I knew I wanted to get around to all the bigger tables looking for an XD40SC and get the best price I could find.
    I was getting pretty discouraged at the prices I was seeing. I payed 399 for my last one, and was seeing them today in the 550 range. Then finally found a couple for 459 and 469, so I decided on the 459.00 from AJC. Ended up only getting charged 425.00 plus tax for some reason, so I was happy about that, only 26 bucks more than my last one 2 years ago.
    Grabbed a box of Hornady Critical Defense, and Sheryl got her Cashews, and we got the heck outta there. When we left at 10, the line was around the bldg somewhere, and the line of cars was out to the highway.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Holy crap, 7:37am and there is already a line at the gunshow...

Roger that. Pulled in about that time and I said to my wife, are those dealers waiting to pay for their tables? Sure enough the line was a good 30 ppl deep 1.5 hours before the door opened. At lunch the line wrapped down and around the building.

Skip, I'm glad you were able to replace your xd40sc.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Roger that. Pulled in about that time and I said to my wife, are those dealers waiting to pay for their tables? Sure enough the line was a good 30 ppl deep 1.5 hours before the door opened. At lunch the line wrapped down and around the building.

Skip, I'm glad you were able to replace your xd40sc.

Thanks bud, woulda been cool to meet ya. I was probably 40-50 or so from the door.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Glad You didn't get raped on the xd. If anyone on this forum sells stuff for a fair price, it's you. I didn't stick around for very long. It got pretty hot in there.

Hondapro210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    San Antonio
    Yes it was very crazy today, got there at 8:40 and didn't get in till 9:50. Once I was in I was out of there by 11:00, everything was way overpriced. All I needed was buffer and a castle nut,

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    There were a lot of nuts at at the show. I didn't see any in castles, though, or who looked like the castle "type."

I was pleased to see a lot more women at the show, and not just the overdressed ones who look at the gewgaw geeks (instead of, well, the gun geek stuff).

Alex

Hondapro210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    San Antonio
    Any castle nuts? If so, where? I need two.
    Not sure the name, but they were the 3rd or forth to the right when you first walk in. They sell a lot of ar furniture and loose parts..
    arcoss the ways towards the concession booth another guy had a lot of AR kits and a lot of ak parts as well.
    I need me a lower, but not paying 900.00 plus for a 400.00 part.. Seen guys paying 650.00 on up for stripped lowers..

Top Bottom