• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well I work overnights in Austin, and don't get off till 7AM. The lunch is at 11, also in Austin.
    I could drive like a madman and make both, but I'm not going to. Especially on no sleep.

True, you couldn't do that safely and it's not worth the risk. There's a gun show here every month, and two of them every other month; so there's plenty of other opportunities to make one.

Cheers! M2

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Pretty sure we won't make breakfast anywhere down there but "Kyle" and I will be there..............probably Sat. but maybe Sun. if we don't make it Sat. I'll be the guy in the black "got cubans?" Tee shirt.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It's not looking likely that my usual sidekick--my 15-yr-old son--will be joining us tomorrow. He had some minor surgery last week and is still recovering. I'll miss having him along, it's a great father-son experience.

But he wasn't at the Premier Gun Show two weeks ago either, he was up in Pennsylvania visiting his cousins. It isn't the same without him...

Cheers! M2

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    It's not looking likely that my usual sidekick--my 15-yr-old son--will be joining us tomorrow. He had some minor surgery last week and is still recovering. I'll miss having him along, it's a great father-son experience.

But he wasn't at the Premier Gun Show two weeks ago either, he was up in Pennsylvania visiting his cousins. It isn't the same without him...

Cheers! M2

Hope he gets to feeling better soon. He's a good kid that's for sure...

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Just did some recon of the area, well went to eat at Panchos which is on the other side of 410. Will be seeing the IHOP crew tomorrow morning and the rest of you at the show.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Yep - it was a good show....got tempted by several, but there's another Friends of NRA event in Hondo tonight, an' OrbitUp is headed down this way ta join us at it....

Got a coupla extra spaces left at our table if anyone is interested! Ya'll kin watch an' cheer me on biddin' on that blasted Colt I keep gettin' outbid on!:banghead:

bertizzie89

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    san antonio, texas
    arrr i dislike when family shows up unexpected, definately down for some shooting tommorow! i think bullet hole usually dies down a bit in the afternoon for the private bays!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, for those who might be wondering, I did end up going back and picking up that Vz58. I got Mark to throw in a bayonet for it, since I knew he wasn't going to drop on the already good price of it. I also got a cleaning kit for $5.

I swore I wasn't going to spend money at this show, but I've been wanting one of these for a long time since I spent time in the former Czechoslovakia on a Military Liaison Team back in 93-94 (I even jumped with their special forces and was award their jump wings). Plus, the wood furniture on this rifle looks a lot better than the usual composite stuff found on them which, while allegedly stronger, is definitely a lot uglier as well! As Randy said, it looks like pressboard.

There was a Czechpoint Vz58 for $695, which is an imported model versus a CAI rebuild; but it had their sporter stock on it and while a nice rifle, it doesn't look like the weapon the CZ and SK militaries use. I want to get a sidefolding stock for it as that is what the 3d Regiment of the Slovak Special Forces had on theirs, but I am very happy with this purchase despite violating my policy of not spending money at the show (I blame Randy, as every time I hang out with him at the show, I end up buying a firearm!).

Oh, I also picked up one of those novelty pistol bayonets for $15; always wanted one of those as well and that was a decent price...

s7_530811_999_01?rgn=0,0,1783,1333&scl=3.jpg

Cheers! M2

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Very nice, I had the feeling you'd end up getting it as well. I'm still here walking around trying to convince myself that I don't need to spend anymore money :cool:

Top Bottom