Target Sports

San Antonio Gun Show at Freeman Coliseum (March 26 & 27, 2011)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    My son spotted a billboard advertising this on our way home from BAMC this morning...

Fort Worth Original Gun Show
    March 26 & 27, 2011
    Saturday 9:00 AM- 5:00 PM
    Sunday 10:00 AM- 5:00 PM

Description:

Visitors to The Original Fort Worth Gun Show will enjoy a huge selection of firearms, ammunition, shooting supplies and knives.

Our dealers will have “direct from the factory” guns as well as pre-owned and collectibles. At the show you can buy, sell or trade. The gun show is more than just guns, you can also find a wide array of ammo, scopes, clips, reloading supplies and other accessories or get your knife sharpened. There are concealed carry permit instructors from whom you can purchase an off-site approved course.

We also have knife dealers, custom knife makers, knife-making supplies, personal defense items, militaria, cammo and western clothing.

At the shows you can find just about everything related to hunting and shooting, and a whole lot more!

Ticket Information:
    Parking $5

General Admission – $8, cash only
    Weekend Passes – $12, cash only
    Children UNDER 12 – Free
    Uniformed Peace Officers – Free

For a $1.00 off coupon & more information please visit Welcome to the Fort Worth Gun Show

Their website says they'll be at the brand new Exposition Hall at the Freeman with 800 tables, and that "the public is invited to buy, sell or trade."

It's a bit pricey but we still may go. Anyone else?!?

Cheers! M2
    Guns International

Hondo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    The F in DFW
    Re: Fort Worth Original Gun Show at Freeman Colisum (March 26 & 27, 2011)

At first I was thinking "where the hell in Ft. Worth is the Freeman Coliseum?" Now that I find out it's in San Antonio all I can say is "hey you San Antonio river rats get your own gun show!"

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Re: Fort Worth Original Gun Show at Freeman Colisum (March 26 & 27, 2011)

Yeah, maybe we need to edit the title to read "San Antonio Gun Show at Freeman Coliseum (March 26 & 27, 2011);" but that is how it is written on the Freeman Coliseum web site!

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    I'm interested in going to check this out on Saturday morning, and then I plan on being back in San Antonio on Sunday for that TGO shoot they've got planned.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I'm looking forward to it, personally - because it sounds like it's a whole new group of dealers from the ones we see routinely at the current shows. That's neither good nor bad - just more possibilities of choice.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Ya see, that's where I'm curious as although it is a different promoter, I was wondering if the vendors would be any different than what we usually get at the SAXET and (ugh!) TGS shows?

If so, then that's gravy; but I honestly don't see how they'll pull in any different sellers unless they've got a traveling road show of some sort. I figured those selling guns (all I care about) would be the usual crew we see at the large SAXET show. I know it's mostly a different group for the TGS events, but since I usually pass on those as I've found them to be a waste of time and money; I'd hate to travel all the way across town to find out it's the same bunch!

I'm just spitballing on this, I truthfully don't know if it's gonna be the same crowd of vendors or not. I'm hoping it's the latter...

Cheers! M2

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I WANT to go...but hafta wait and see - have a major repair to do on a water system at a hunting ranch south of SA Friday afternoon. Gotta get it done so I can pay for the new (to me) F450 dually utility truck I just bought to make the work easier...paid cash - mad money is now expressed in centavos.....

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Naw, no can do; you're gonna have to go yourself!

Oh, and a few of us are talking about meeting up beforehand for breakfast. If anyone's interested, or has any suggestions as to where to eat, post up here!

Cheers! M2

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'll be there Sunday morning to look around. My wife signed me up to volunteer at the school carnival Saturday. Don't forget, this weekend is also the Texas Mile in Goliad. This is an event you need to add to your bucket list. One mile standing start as fast as you can go. Last fall a Lambo flipped at over 250 miles per hour when he popped his drag chute in a wicked crosswind.

W

tdwhite03

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    San Antonio
    Well, guess I will miss out on this one... the FIL called and said the offshore waves are forecasted to be 2-4 sat and sun so I will be about 20-25 miles offshore looking for dinner

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Naw, no can do; you're gonna have to go yourself!

Oh, and a few of us are talking about meeting up beforehand for breakfast. If anyone's interested, or has any suggestions as to where to eat, post up here!

Cheers! M2
    I wouldn't mind a nice breakfast beforehand. And it would give me an opportunity to meet a few of you.

Top Bottom