• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anyone else excited about the SA 1911 DS Prodigy?

• Yes, well priced, feature rich, great competition/home defense gun!

Votes: 6 60.0%
    • Meh, I already have a staccato/some other variant. No need for this.

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Glock Boyz Unite!!!

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    The higher capacity of the double stack magazines is nice, however it makes this pistol incompatible with my current 1911 pistols.

Tank

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2022
    Houston
    Sooo...it seems the majority is a pass on this new variant. I thought it was gorgeous and am very interested in why many of you guys are not overly thrilled with it.

Obviously, the general population here is much more astute than I am in regards to these things, so I appreciate your opinions so I don't make a bad purchase.

It was relayed to me at the range, this new model was a "game changer" so was that all hype and guy trying to sell, or is it something that will live up to its name in opinion?

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I'm still waiting on my Staccato XC delivery.

I'm sure this will have some teething issues like any new product. I think a few things will determine if this takes off for SA.

1. Quality Control
    2. Reliable Magazines
    3. Customer Service

SA is going directly after Staccato with this pistol. Staccato has made some inroads with the LE market and maybe SA is looking to do the same.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Sooo...it seems the majority is a pass on this new variant. I thought it was gorgeous and am very interested in why many of you guys are not overly thrilled with it.

Obviously, the general population here is much more astute than I am in regards to these things, so I appreciate your opinions so I don't make a bad purchase.

It was relayed to me at the range, this new model was a "game changer" so was that all hype and guy trying to sell, or is it something that will live up to its name in opinion?

All hype. It’s a race/gamer copy of an STI and maybe an attempt to target specialized LE units.

To be successful in the race gun market, I’m thinking the Agency Arms specific mounting plate is a mistake. I also don’t see any threaded barrel options.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

Bolded part first... nothing about this gun is a "Game changer". There's a dozen + companies out there making the same thing, and arguably doing it better.

Looking at all the features, none, none are new or different. It has a bull barrel - that's common. It has ambi thumb safety - that's standard now. It has 17 round standard capacity - that's standard for full size 2011s in 9mm with full length grips, and 20 or 21 rounds is typical of guns fitted with magwells running extended baseplates. The optic plate system isn't new, or really different. They could've just cut the damn slide to fit RMR footprints without a plate, and gone to plates for all other sights.

The price might be the only different thing - most 2011's are spendier, but they're also given more attention to detail and hand fitting of parts by gunsmiths, not just slapped together.

$60 magazine prices might be different - Staccato mags are $100 a piece, so $60 per is cheap. But someone else said the gun is not compatable with Staccato mags, meaning the Springfield mags likely won't run in Staccatos. At $60 a pop, I hope the metal is stronger than XD mags are known to be. Honestly - "different" would've been designing this gun to use their already existing XD magazine pattern. That would be a big selling point for Springfield fans.

Their other recent foray back into metal singel action 9mms - the SA35 - has had some well known teething issues. Evaluation guns / T&E guns sent out to the GunToober community were spotty, and if the guys suspected of doing paid reviews have issues - you know its not just one-offs. I believe we have a member here that has detailed their SA-35 woes and had to send their gun back to Springfield, and it still has issues. No one wants to be the Beta Tester for a $1500 gun.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    XD-Mod2-GRIP-ZONE.jpg

Top Bottom