• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Probably buying a lot of U.S. gear from the Taliban for evaluation. I would say the same for the Chinese but their hackers probably already have all of the specs, laboratory testing, and field testing results.

After the first Gulf War, I know the Russians were out on the battlefield gathering whatever U.S. gear they could find for the same reasons.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Then we lose reserve currency status.
    People say we shouldn't be the world police, but that's the only thing keeping USD as the reserve currency. If Saudi really is seeking military aid from Russia, and this isn't just some crazy saber rattling, it's over.

IMO we should just pull the 5th fleet now. I'm sure they'd all love a nice vacation in Hawaii. Don't give the Sauds any more free rides. Let the shipping lanes get raped by piracy, and all the tribes fight each other.

There will be war.
    yes

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    People say we shouldn't be the world police, but that's the only thing keeping USD as the reserve currency. If Saudi really is seeking military aid from Russia, and this isn't just some crazy saber rattling, it's over.

IMO we should just pull the 5th fleet now. I'm sure they'd all love a nice vacation in Hawaii. Don't give the Sauds any more free rides. Let the shipping lanes get raped by piracy, and all the tribes fight each other.

yes

If the dollar loses reserve status, our way of life will change dramatically.

Government will be forced to massively downsize, which it needs to do anyway.

With the latest spending package, 60% of GDP is government spending and that just isn’t sustainable…especially when they can’t print their way out of it.

But the swamp will circle the wagons and centralize as much power as possible.

I think this will be when “we the people vs. the government” kicks off, and it will be painful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    If the dollar loses reserve status, our way of life will change dramatically.

Government will be forced to massively downsize, which it needs to do anyway.

With the latest spending package, 60% of GDP is government spending and that just isn’t sustainable…especially when they can’t print their way out of it.

But the swamp will circle the wagons and centralize as much power as possible.

I think this will be when “we the people vs. the government” kicks off, and it will be painful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yup and Im mining away crypto because the USD will be worthless.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    our way of life will change dramatically.
    Yes, but not necessarily for the worse.

The transition will definitely be painful for many. The prescription for being as comfortable as possible through it is simple, however...
    1. Learn to garden.
    2. Get your savings out of the bank and put it in crypto and precious metals.
    3. Mind your business. In both colloquial sense and literal.
    the swamp will circle the wagons and centralize as much power as possible
    That is something that concerns me a bit... A dying animal can still do a lot of damage as it's thrashing about.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    The same crypto whose value can disappear in an instant

Yes, just like the USD, except bitcoin is not unlimited and hell neither is DOGE coin for that matter. There is no central authority that can just PRINT more. It's decentralized and capped.

I'm stacking silver and lead :shades:

Really hard to divide silver unless you have the correct tools to do so. You gonna pay an entire coin of silver for a loaf of bread? I have silver for if all of society fails, not just the USD. People will still want some sort of medium of exchange. "

Dogecoin - Circulating Supply 131.06B DOGE

Bitcoin - Circulating Supply 18,800,887.00 BTC

USD M1 Supply
    Observation:
    Jul 2021: 19,402.0 (+ more)
    Updated: Aug 24, 2021
    Units:
    Billions of Dollars,
    Seasonally Adjusted

19.4 trillion versus 18 million or 131 Billion.. And for the naysayers that say "well doge is muh infinite" Only 5 billion a month can be created. It would take 3880 months of maxed DOGE production to equal the amount of USD in M1 supply. For those who don't want to do the math that's 320 years. Suffice to say I think crypto is pretty healthy and if the internet or all electronics in the world die I have the ultimate currency anyway lead and a lot of water.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Really hard to divide silver unless you have the correct tools to do so. You gonna pay an entire coin of silver for a loaf of bread? I have silver for if all of society fails, not just the USD. People will still want some sort of medium of exchange. "
    That's an argument against gold, not silver. If you look back at grocery prices pre-Fed a loaf of bread or a dozen eggs was about 10¢. Steak was 25¢/lb. I normally sell duck eggs for $5 a dozen, but would happily take a pre-64 dime. $5 would buy two dimes currently, but I'd rather have the real money in the long run.

All PMs are more liquid than you might expect. Any local coin store would be able to easily make change. I bet many coin stores have more cash in them than banks

BTW, I'm not anti-crypto at all. I think the technology is fantastic and love the decentralization. I'm not sure anyone at the local farmer's market is taking crypto yet, tho.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    That's an argument against gold, not silver. If you look back at grocery prices pre-Fed a loaf of bread or a dozen eggs was about 10¢. Steak was 25¢/lb. I normally sell duck eggs for $5 a dozen, but would happily take a pre-64 dime. $5 would buy two dimes currently, but I'd rather have the real money in the long run.

All PMs are more liquid than you might expect. Any local coin store would be able to easily make change. I bet many coin stores have more cash in them than banks

BTW, I'm not anti-crypto at all. I think the technology is fantastic and love the decentralization. I'm not sure anyone at the local farmer's market is taking crypto yet, tho.

Oh I'm not anti commodity based money either, but silver is a hard metal, gold is softer and actually easier to split physically. That's what I was saying.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Yes, just like the USD, except bitcoin is not unlimited and hell neither is DOGE coin for that matter. There is no central authority that can just PRINT more. It's decentralized and capped.

Dogecoin - Circulating Supply 131.06B DOGE

Bitcoin - Circulating Supply 18,800,887.00 BTC

USD M1 Supply
    Observation:
    Jul 2021: 19,402.0 (+ more)
    Updated: Aug 24, 2021
    Units:
    Billions of Dollars,
    Seasonally Adjusted

19.4 trillion versus 18 million or 131 Billion.. And for the naysayers that say "well doge is muh infinite" Only 5 billion a month can be created. It would take 3880 months of maxed DOGE production to equal the amount of USD in M1 supply. For those who don't want to do the math that's 320 years. Suffice to say I think crypto is pretty healthy and if the internet or all electronics in the world die I have the ultimate currency anyway lead and a lot of water.
    Umm, no.

And it can disappear in an instant. Literally. Not even going to start listing the ways you can lose that bitcoin.

With USD you do have some warning.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Umm, no.

And it can disappear in an instant. Literally. Not even going to start listing the ways you can lose that bitcoin.

With USD you do have some warning.

Yeah we have that warning now. I've completely moved away from liquidity in USD at this point. But you're right oldag. You've always been right. I have no idea what I am talking about. You make 2000 posts a year and about 6 have been worth reading.

Top Bottom