• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    If petrodollars collapse, things will have gone so shitty that reserve currency status will be gone as well.

Trust me, we don’t want this to happen.

We would default on our debt.

There will be war.
    Not like recent skirmishes.
    More like WWII

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Round 2. I just deleted like 5 paragraphs.

Not like WWII. Not at all. This one will be for humanity.

I am saddened to have been part of selling my kids (4 of them, still young) their souls are spoken for by the godless communists. My grandkids too.

1. I will continue to prepare while the getting is cheap.
    2. I only wish I had more men.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
    Military Camp

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Serious question about the petro dollar. Say the "petro dollar collapse" happens. The whole world financial markets would upend. Many countries would be totally screwed
    The USD has essentially been a debt ponzi scheme since 1971. The only reason it has value is because of world reserve currency status, and that status is largely tied to the fact that you can only buy oil on the global market with USD due to military agreements with major oil producing countries. The main topic of this thread is those agreements are being dismantled.

Basically if USD loses world reserve currency status, the dollar will collapse. Everything will become incredibly expensive. It wouldn't be so bad if we actually made everything we consume here, but we don't. There's a pretty good article about it here: https://goldalliance.com/blog/if-the-dollar-loses-its-status-as-the-worlds-reserve-currency/

One thing I don't see many people talking about, is if the USD loses world reserve currency status, does the world really expect the US Navy to keep protecting shipping lanes? The main reason global shipping is relatively safe today is because of US fleets. Not much incentive to keep that up... I don't think Russia and China is up to the task, although they pretend to be. I suppose China does have all those roads they built. So yeah, everyone is going to be screwed.

wouldn't we actually be in an ok spot, especially Texas?
    In the long run, yes. We have nearly everything we need to still be a technologically advancing, comfortable, and secure nation. I honestly think there's a lot of good to come out of it. Surviving the short term is going to be the problem.

Can you imagine Texas O&G only accepting gold? :laughing: I'm all about it, but get ready to be Libya'd.

There will be war.
    yep

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    China announced a huge oil reserve discovery, and their oil imports have fallen 20%. Sounds like they might be going for energy independence. That's another significant blow to the petrodollar.

This video pretty well encapsulates whats going on.

Other countries have been working towards this for years, but personally I think our own reckless and excessive spending over the last year - not to mention congressional spending for the last several decades - is the true reason this is happening combined with Biden’s obvious ineptitude or deliberate stupidity allowing other countries to take advantage of our weakness

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    personally I think our own reckless and excessive spending over the last year - not to mention congressional spending for the last several decades - is the true reason this is happening combined with Biden’s obvious ineptitude or deliberate stupidity allowing other countries to take advantage of our weakness
    Yeah the existing monetary, domestic, and foreign policies were never sustainable so it was inevitable. People have been talking about it for decades, but Biden’s fecklessness has finally triggered it.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    This is mostly editorial compared the rest of the factual articles in the thread, but it's worth noting...
    Ukraine: NATO membership or energy security?

Biden really screwed up in Ukraine (when he was VP). NATO might as well disband with European countries cozying up to Russia for gas. At some point Ukraine is going to feel used and abandoned, and might do something drastic.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Came across this. While it’s a bit dated, seems to provide some context. If you can’t buy from us, gotta buy somewhere.

“The Biden administration has imposed a temporary freeze on U.S. arms sales to Saudi Arabia and is scrutinizing purchases by the United Arab Emirates as it reviews billions of dollars in weapons transactions approved by former President Donald Trump, according to U.S. officials.”

Source:
    Biden Re-Examining U.S. Arms Sales to Saudi Arabia, U.A.E. - WSJ https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-freezes-u-s-arms-sales-to-saudi-arabia-uae-11611773191

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Came across this. While it’s a bit dated, seems to provide some context. If you can’t buy from us, gotta buy somewhere.

“The Biden administration has imposed a temporary freeze on U.S. arms sales to Saudi Arabia and is scrutinizing purchases by the United Arab Emirates as it reviews billions of dollars in weapons transactions approved by former President Donald Trump, according to U.S. officials.”

Source:
    Biden Re-Examining U.S. Arms Sales to Saudi Arabia, U.A.E. - WSJ https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-freezes-u-s-arms-sales-to-saudi-arabia-uae-11611773191

…while the Mideast re-examines why the petrodollar needs to exist anymore

These Dems literally don’t know how the world really works outside of textbooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Reactions: gll

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Here comes China, too...

if the Saudis start accepting alternate currencies for Oil it will be game over.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    And the Saudis will not take Brandon's phone calls, The President of the United States.

Even this commie comic gasbag gets it, especially about his former target of hatred.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Ranted about this for a good 45 minutes last night. Petrodollar goes bye bye and we are in for a world of shit.

In the other thread @toddnjoyce was telling me how the only thing the Russians have to respond with is missiles. If they destroy our economy by removing the petrodollar, I think it's probably our only response. We have no economic response since we have no manufacturing and most mineral extraction is now outside of the US. Our only recourse of action would be to glass them.

Reactions: gll
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom