• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I bought a H&R 40 years ago (at least!) to shoot rats, snakes, and other critters on some family acreage South of Waco. It shoots CBs, rat shot, long rifle, shorts etc. and came with a 7 1/2" barrel and a magnum cylinder. Back then it was way under $100. It was cheap but it's been a very reliable gun. I'm not sure if they even make them anymore.

ETA: I "think" it was a Model 949.
    Hurley's Gold

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Ruger has the experience to build their own single actions. They have becom4e my go-to company. S&W used be my number 1, but they stay in the anti-gun occupied northeast and all they make for the rest of us are plastic knockoffs. I'm speaking of us that don't have to have every new whiz bang thing that the Army or the FBI has ordained. When I hold a Ruger I can feel quality at a fair price.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Ruger has the experience to build their own single actions. They have becom4e my go-to company. S&W used be my number 1, but they stay in the anti-gun occupied northeast and all they make for the rest of us are plastic knockoffs. I'm speaking of us that don't have to have every new whiz bang thing that the Army or the FBI has ordained. When I hold a Ruger I can feel quality at a fair price.
    Couple of my newer plastic S&W's:

Attachments

• 0301181722.jpg
      0301181722.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 393
    • 0604181248.jpg
      0604181248.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 376

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    No one knows. How much .22 WMR do you actually shoot through a revolver like that?

I probably won't shoot much .22 wmr, but that's what will be carried in it MOST of the time.

I believe the .22 wmr to be an acceptable self defense round - far above the .22 lr. When camping, hiking, bumming around the property, I don't feel too vulnerable with the 22 wmr.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I have 4 Rough Riders and 2 Single Sixes. About all I shoot in them is .22WMRs.
    But I would buy a Wrangler anyway.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Y'all just need a S&W 17.
    I'd buy a Wrangler in a heartbeat over the Heritage, at twice the price. Where's the thread about the Heritage the guy bought with no rifling in the barrel?

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Y'all just need a S&W 17.
    I'd buy a Wrangler in a heartbeat over the Heritage, at twice the price. Where's the thread about the Heritage the guy bought with no rifling in the barrel?
    How dare you recommend a Model 17.

I know you. You are just going to shoot it single action anyways.

You make me sick.

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    They are in different galaxies (no Fo*d pun intended) and the makers of each aren't even competing which each other.

Is it colder in the winter or in the mountains?

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    They are in different galaxies (no Fo*d pun intended) and the makers of each aren't even competing which each other.

Is it colder in the winter or in the mountains?

Exactly

When I read the title of the thread, my thought was well this is a no brainer.

double bogey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2014
    metromess
    I bought 3 of the rough riders when Academy had them on sale last Christmas for $99.95. They are birthday gifts for my grandkids. I had a single six back in the 80's, and they are much better pistols, but the heritage is perfect for a youths first handgun.
    I wouldn't give them one of my MKIII auto's, I couldn't afford to keep them in ammo. They will get them when I'm gone, preferably a little before.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I bought a Ruger Wrangler a few weeks ago...
    Nice... I hadn't really looked into these until now.
    These Colt SA "mini clones" are cool, but I wish someone would make a Webley one.

And Hondas are much better cars than Lincolns!
    Maybe for weebs and boiracers. I can only think of four Hondas (cages that is) I'd ever want over their entire brand lifetime. I'd take just about any Lincoln over a Honda for a daily driver.

Top Bottom