• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smittyb

TGT Addict
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Ruger is bringing 2 new DA revolver variants to market this year.
    The first is an addition of the 327 chambering to the 3” LCRX.
    I have been personally asking for this one fir 5+ years, so I’d like to think I made it happen.

The next is a Blued, 3” half underlug version of the SP101 with adjustable rear sight chambered in both 327 and 357.
    No one saw this one coming.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Lipsey's often gets exclusive variants that can be found nowhere else unless second hand.

Lipseys is a distributor. Any retailer that purchases from lipseys can buy their exclusive products and sell them in their store/on their website.
    Right.
    Lipsey’s is a wholesaler that gets a TON of dealer exclusive models from Ruger that can only be purchased by retailers from them.
    That’s why when I was asking for a 3” 327 LCRX to be produced, I asked the folks at Lipsey’s. They have Ruger’s ear. Not us.
    And yes, I own a couple of their exclusives.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    It would be sweet, but…
    LCR(rimfire) is aluminum frame and Taurus is steel.

Ruger LCR fire control lockwork is in the polymer grip section, not the frame. If the steel frame (.357/9mm) is needed, the lockwork can be added. Also, Taurus makes a 942UL in aluminum for .22Mag. The 2" version is a Holy Grail which I seek....

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Lipseys is a distributor. Any retailer that purchases from lipseys can buy their exclusive products and sell them in their store/on their website.
    Yes, good clarification.
    At the time I wrote that, in my mind I was thinking:
    Lipsey’s = wholesaler (first hand)
    Anyone else = retailer (second hand).
    But second hand infers used, which I did not intend.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Ruger LCR fire control lockwork is in the polymer grip section, not the frame. If the steel frame (.357/9mm) is needed, the lockwork can be added. Also, Taurus makes a 942UL in aluminum for .22Mag. The 2" version is a Holy Grail which I seek....
    It’s not a lockwork issue, although it would require a different pawl. If they pushed the cylinder holes out far enough to get 8 in, the aluminum frame would get flame cut.
    The Taurus UL is not an aluminum frame.
    It’s a steel frame, which begs the question, how in the heck is it only 18 OZ?
    That’s the same weight as an aluminum frame LCR.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Ruger needs to introduce some 20 round magazines for the 6.8 Ranch rifle they produced but only sold with 5 round magazines.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.

S&W 351PD no bueno?

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    It’s not a lockwork issue, although it would require a different pawl. If they pushed the cylinder holes out far enough to get 8 in, the aluminum frame would get flame cut.
    The Taurus UL is not an aluminum frame.
    It’s a steel frame, which begs the question, how in the heck is it only 18 OZ?
    That’s the same weight as an aluminum frame LCR.

Frame Material: Aluminum
    S&W 351PD no bueno?

It's a nice gun, but I'd rather have 8 rounds and an exposed hammer.

Top Bottom