• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I ordered two of the mags from Midway and liked them so much, I ordered two more. Have not tried the second pair yet but the first two were flawless in operation. They have a solid, heavy feel, too. I have a tote bag full of aftermarket high cap mags for 10-22 and I'm going to retire them. The Ruger BX-25's are great! The down side is that your ammo consumption will skyrocket!

Flash

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    If I recall, Bill Ruger put aesthetics and function over firepower (round count). Hence the 10-22 and Model 77 Series Rifles had flush fitting magazines. (The Mini-14 being an exception, but it replicated the aesthetics of a military fire arm with a detachable magazine).

It was not until after Mr. Bill's passing, that Sturm Ruger & Co. aggressively tried to compete with the after-market demand for high capacity 10-22 magazines. AT $29.00 per mag they have not beat the after-market competition in price point.

Bill Ruger supported minimum capacity magazines because that is what he built his company on. He was used by the Clinton administration, and Mr. Bill in his declining health, did not know he was being played.

The regulatory regime at that time did not give his Lawyers much lee-way to oppose the high-cap ban, as they were at that time fighting a loosing battle.

In his eyes, high capacity was not a requirement for his core business model: Quality hunting rifles, MK I & II Pistols, and the 10-22/77-22.

Although his lines of center-fire pistols used high capacity magazines, the fervor of the time was on high capacity rifle (assault rifle mags).

We should go easy on Bill Ruger. RIP.

Just my simple take on a complicated argument.

Be well.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    I ordered two of the mags from Midway and liked them so much, I ordered two more. Have not tried the second pair yet but the first two were flawless in operation. They have a solid, heavy feel, too. I have a tote bag full of aftermarket high cap mags for 10-22 and I'm going to retire them.
    Flash

Are any of your aftermarket mags metal feed lips???

gunguy1980

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Port Neches
    I got one from Midway about a month ago and it works great, looks great, and feels great with very good build quality. I highly recommend them.

Madhouse

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Tomball, TX
    I will wait for the guys who have suppressors and machibeguns to weigh in as Both are very dirty and the ruger 10 round mags suffer more from gunk and crud buildup than any other reason.

I have a couple cans and would be glad to weigh in, but sadly none of my 10/22's are threaded...

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Re: Ruger Factory 25 Rouind 10/22 Magazine

My butler creek clear mag works good, 30 for a mag seems high to me.

Then ya'd hate the 80-rounders ah've got for THIS puppy.....

100_0742.jpg

hink

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2011
    Amarillo
    I've never had an issue with either the factory 10 round rotary or a 25 round single stack Shooter's Choice magazine, but I've only put several hundred rounds through both. Time will tell if failure crop up with several thousand rounds.

I've tried a 30 round Shooter's Choice 10/22 magazine, and the double stack design seems to be more prone to jamming resulting in FTF stoppages.

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    Re: Ruger Factory 25 Rouind 10/22 Magazine

Nice! Hope its as reliable as the 10round ones are. I've never seen a large 10/22 mag that was anywhere near as reliable as the factory 10 round ones.

Try the Butler Creek Steel Lips. I have one of those and it has always worked flawless in both of my 10-22s. The Hot Lips (red plastic feed) will not work in my older 10-22 but works in my newer one. I also have a collection of the plastic lip mags that will not work in either one.

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    The Ruger factory mag works very well. The only downside is that unlike the Tactical Innovations 23rd mag, it does not have witness holes to keep round count. It is reliable however and worth buying. the Ruger and TI mags are the ONLY hi-cap 10-22 mags to buy. The others range from iffy to total junk.

Ghost Fish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2011
    Humble, TX
    While I don't own one, I did just see a review from Nutnfancy where he mentions them and he seems to like them. That guy shoots way more rounds a day than I do so I'll trust his judgment. Once I do pick up a Ruger 1022 though, I'll be sure to get a few of them.

Top Bottom