Join TexasGunTalk

Ruger 10/22 Brimstone Gunsmithing Trigger Job

Discussion in 'Rimfire' started by 35Remington, Mar 14, 2013.

1. 35Remington

35Remington TGT Addict

Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    I received this from Brimstone today: "we brought on another guy who is doing a lot of the 'prep' work on the triggers, allowing me to just do the stoning and tuning. It's helping a LOT! Hopefully we can really start cranking them out and get down to a more comfortable turnaround time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but that's about it at this point."

I can deal with longer-than-normal wait times. I appreciate the fact that they stay in touch. Communication is a key element to successful business models.

2. 1slow01Z71

1slow01Z71 Well-Known

Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Good contact and customer service is worth paying extra for in my book. I know Ive been to their site before but for some reason when I type in "brimstone 10/22 trigger" into google it doesn't come up with their site. This thread actual pops up first. Can someone help me out with my weak googlefu? I may send off the trigger group to my new takedown to them. Theres so dang many options out there for 10/22 triggers its insane.

3. 35Remington

35Remington TGT Addict

Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    http://brimstonegunsmithing.com/

[​IMG]

4. N2rock

N2rock Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Sugar Land
    Someone broke your google!!! LOL

I just did the exact same google search

google_zpsd9214725.jpg

5. N2rock

N2rock Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Sugar Land
    So got both the 10/22 trigger (2lb) and the AR trigger (3lb) on this past weekend. And I can tell you that they were definitely worth the wait. Both guns are like a dream to shoot now. I can recommend brimstone for both.

6. 35Remington

35Remington TGT Addict

Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Glad to hear it. I am looking forward to trying mine, some day!

7. 35Remington

35Remington TGT Addict

Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    It's been 48 days since I mailed my trigger group to Brimstone, and I received the following today:

"Your trigger is finished and will ship as soon as possible. It turned out very nice, breaks right at 3.1 lbs.

We usually package and ship a batch of triggers every Tuesday, so it could be a couple of business days before your trigger is actually in the mail. As always, feel free to ask if you are looking for status update, but rest assured that your trigger will ship on the Tuesday following this email. (It's going out today.)

Thanks so much for your business and your patience, and let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!"

8. Glockster69

Glockster69 TGT Addict BANNED!!!

Jul 1, 2011
    I look forward to a solid review of the work.

While I can understand a small company may not ship daily, twice a week is reasonable IMO.

9. TexMex247

TexMex247 Well-Known TGT Supporter

May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Almost 2 months for a 3 lb trigger doesn't seem so great. You could have just bought a drop-in hammer by power custom that would have accomplished that in a few minutes for about $35. How much did the work set you back? Did you get the tier1 or 2 package? What else does it include? Just curious, price really doesn't matter as long as you notice a difference and like the results.

10. Sugar Land

Sugar Land TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    That sure sounds like a long time to me...IMO