• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Today I sent my stock Ruger 10/22 trigger to Brimstone Gunsmithing for their $70 Tier 2 trigger job. Once it's returned, I will report back with an update and brief review.
    Guns International

gln305

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Lakehills, TX
    I had them do the trigger on my 10/22 and it was excellent work. Trigger was dead set to 2 pounds and was crisp as it can get. Compared it to my friend's single stage $200 drop in trigger group and could not tell a difference. HIGHLY recommended!

Last edited:

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    That's interesting, thanks. I looked into some Kidd trigger parts but they didn't recommend them for my metal housing. This sounds like a better deal anyway.

OldTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Texas
    I sent my 10/22 trigger group here: Bill Springfield - www.TriggerWork.net One week turnaround and total cost, incl shipping, was about $45 iirc. I don't know how the two jobs compare in terms of what all is included, etc.

My main concern was getting rid of that 95 lb trigger pull in the factory trigger and Bill reduced it to a crisp 2.5 lbs. He has also done nice work on a triggers for an M1A and 30 Carbine for me.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    I received the following from Brimstone today when I emailed them about my trigger status.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364586234.473617.jpg

N2rock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Sugar Land
    Sent mine to Brimstone back in Feb. He received it on 2/26. I called him on 3/26, and he still had not gotten to mine. He said that mine might get done the following week, which was last week. I have not received any shipping notification so apparently he has not done it yet.

Coincidentally, I had purchased a backup trigger group before sending in. Well... Actually I bought that 2nd trigger group for a "future" build, but used it as a backup. However, I finished that 2nd build last week, so now I am short a trigger LOL. Oh well, at least I have one of the guns to shoot, and I'm sure I will love the brimstone trigger when I have it.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I had a TGT member do some trigger work on my 10/22, and I'm super satisfied. Took the trigger from a gritty 5lb 3oz to a cool 2lb 12oz. Headspaced the bolt and did the bolt release mod for me too. I think I've decided to call it the TM247 Job, after TexMex247. Maybe try hitting him up for work; it's worth a try anyways. After all, I had a little less than a week turn around.

N2rock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Sugar Land
    For me it was about cost. Since I have the old aluminum trigger housing, I would need to replace the entire group with kidd, which costs 2x+ what brimstone tier 2 costs

N2rock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Sugar Land
    Got an email today that it is shipping. So right at 5 weeks. I had also ordered a trigger for my AR-15, and that is also shipping. Gonna be like xmas for me in a few days ;)

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Congrats, its truly amazing what a good trigger can do for the ARs and the 10/22s. Definitely the first mod you should do.

Top Bottom