• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    You could get the target model. The trigger is going to suck in all of them, but if you wanted to upgrade the barrel the target stock wouldn't need much work to make it fit.

The stock trigger in my Target model is nice. It's world's better than the normal carbine model.
    Hurley's Gold

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Ruger 10/22's are like the Jeep of the .22 world. There are so many aftermarket parts that you can add or change, it almost boggles the mind. They are extremely easy to work on, imho.

I would concur to buy the cheapest used one and go from there. Barrels are easily changed. There are websites dedicated to the modification of these little jewels...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I find that controlled pressure on the barrel improves 10/22 accuracy and reduces droop at the receiver.

That doesn't take much. But with the factory weight light profile, it's less of a concern.

Now steel bull barrel......pressure pad to keep it from twisting the receiver.

Sgt.Carp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    The beauty of the 10/22 is that is by far the most versatile .22 out there. There are limitiless options. I would suggest buying standard compact or whatevers cheapest and converting it to what you would like. If your looking for a survival rifle i'd suggest the take down simply because it can be stowed away in compact spaces.
    View attachment 17723
    -Just and average guy exercising my second amendment rights.

lcclower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    DFW
    Look over on RimfireCentral.com - Rimfire Community! there's a set of vendors that can cure whatever you think ails your 10/22.
    Last one I had, I got the bolt face (headspace) done at CPC, they can also set a factory barrel back and rechamber to take specific ammunition from match to stingers.
    I bought Power Custom trigger group parts and an aftermarket aluminum trigger group casting. In the mean time Timney has come up with a complete trigger group.
    My barrel was a Green Mountain. The Bentz chamber was a mistake. Choose between match, Super-X or Stingers and get chambered accordingly.
    I tossed the stock and bought a Fajen polymer stock with adjustable cheek piece and butt plate.
    Critical problem is the stiffness of the barrel/action connection. I ditched two good scopes before I found the actual problem.
    Next time around I may try to come up with a ripoff of the Savage Accu-Stock, and mount a rail to the barrel instead of mounting optics on top of the action (like a scope mount on a Browning A22).
    There is a guy building super accurate 10/22's when I remember the name I'll post it. His barrels have some choke, about .001" towards the muzzle, the actions and barrels are threaded.
    Hope this helps, LC

Dman62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Prosper, TX
    Get a regular blue or stainless, whichever floats your boat. Watch the used gun racks. I lucked into an old one with anodized receiver (they're painted now) and real walnut stock in great shape for a nice price. Put some Tech Sites on it and added a new sear and called it good.

Radarscratch

I void warranties.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Westminster
    Yea! Found a brand spanking new Ruger 10/22 from Cabellas. It's the all weather model. Now it's time to plink and mod

Sent from my own insanity via Tapatalk

In-Yo-Grill

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Texas
    I just recently picked up a 10/22 Takedown. I also picked up a Pmag 50rnd drum for it. I'm looking for a shorter 3x magnification scope. Any suggestions?

In-Yo-Grill

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Texas

Attachments

• 20130129_103459.jpg
      20130129_103459.jpg
      69.1 KB · Views: 206
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support