• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    There goes the money for another nice rifle. The crown on the winding stem stopped screwing down, is what I took it in for. Seems like they are going to strip it down & clean into get to the stem. Reassemble & oil change plus some other things. I passed on the new band for $450.00 & new crystal for $350.00

Much to my surprise the now have a bar in the place. One of the sales staff asked if I would like a bottle of water or soft drink, as he points to the bar. I'm like "Is that a bar back there?" Yes sir care for a drink? Well hell yeah I'll have a drink! Turns out no mixers, so he offered up
    "Neat" I told him white trash like myself only drink shine straight.
    Lynx Defense

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Those prices are dirt cheap

I’ve never seen a genuine Rolex steel bracelet sell for so little.

My omega Seamaster bracelets routinely sells for $600+, and they ain’t worth what a Rolex bracelet is worth.

I’ve paid $300 to service an average ETA movement in an Oris watch. What did you pay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Ya, I havnt worn a watch for 20 years. Then mostly at work and the cheapest possible cause I busted them monthly fighting.

The most money I spent on a watch was ecodrives for the wife and son. I would never spend that much on myself much less a Rolex. Besides im a cheap ignorant bastard and would get suckerd into buying a nolex and it would serve me right.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Ya, I havnt worn a watch for 20 years. Then mostly at work and the cheapest possible cause I busted them monthly fighting.

The most money I spent on a watch was ecodrives for the wife and son. I would never spend that much on myself much less a Rolex. Besides im a cheap ignorant bastard and would get suckerd into buying a nolex and it would serve me right.
    I bought an eco drive, but couldn't keep the battery charged. They should make a postal model with a charger port.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Watches are jewelry, and accessory fashion statements!

In some ways, they have become obsolete for most people. Most people have a cell phone, and they display time, date and many other useful bits of information.

I do still wear a watch, and I think it's more out of habit of doing so for so many years. I use to feel not properly dressed unless I was wearing a watch.

I still like watches though.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    My watch is functional, but definitely not a fashion statement. Apple watches are a dime a dozen, and not exactly attractive. But it's really nice being able to read and respond to texts, make and take calls, check the weather, stocks, skim emails, oh yeah and tell time - all without digging out my phone.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Those prices are dirt cheap

I’ve never seen a genuine Rolex steel bracelet sell for so little.

My omega Seamaster bracelets routinely sells for $600+, and they ain’t worth what a Rolex bracelet is worth.

I’ve paid $300 to service an average ETA movement in an Oris watch. What did you pay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    $1,130.00 3 week wait time.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Watches are so 1970's. My fitbit tells me the time and how lazy I've been.
    To each, their own. I already miss it on my wrist. I didn't mind working extra to buy a Rolex. I don't mind spending money to maintain it. The proof of that is I'm out of a watch for 3 weeks. If I spent the money on a rifle the wait might be as long.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Watches are jewelry, and accessory fashion statements!

In some ways, they have become obsolete for most people. Most people have a cell phone, and they display time, date and many other useful bits of information.

I do still wear a watch, and I think it's more out of habit of doing so for so many years. I use to feel not properly dressed unless I was wearing a watch.

I still like watches though.
    I wear my Rolex daily. Aint worn my wedding ring in 30+ years, nor my gold chain or other ring. When they asked about replacing the bracket & crystal I said I doubt I'd live long enough to justify that. And who ever ended up with it has a really nice vintage Rolex to pawn or sell.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    My watch is functional, but definitely not a fashion statement. Apple watches are a dime a dozen, and not exactly attractive. But it's really nice being able to read and respond to texts, make and take calls, check the weather, stocks, skim emails, oh yeah and tell time - all without digging out my phone.
    IMHO its really nice not having to respond to text or make calls.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    To each, their own. I already miss it on my wrist. I didn't mind working extra to buy a Rolex. I don't mind spending money to maintain it. The proof of that is I'm out of a watch for 3 weeks. If I spent the money on a rifle the wait might be as long.
    I probably would have bought one before the big arthritis bump on my thumb joint. After that, anything riding on it was too painful. I did have a Zodiac that lasted 12 months touring exotic Vietnam one LZ at a time. Wish I had a replacement, but probably couldn't get another for $35. Didn't the blue faced Seiko cost $3 then. 1967

Top Bottom