• satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I can't even afford a fake Rolex!

Axxe55,

What I find to be "a bit interesting" is that SOME of the "replica Rolexes" are just as good quality as the originals & are DIFFICULT even for a jeweler to tell apart, W/O disassembly.

yours, satx

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    Axxe55,

What I find to be "a bit interesting" is that SOME of the "replica Rolexes" are just as good quality as the originals & are DIFFICULT even for a jeweler to tell apart, W/O disassembly.

yours, satx

In terms of finish and resemblance, there are some very good replicas. However, the materials used are substandard and they can't meet COSC standards.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    i remember services running $400-$450 in SF. rolex collectors got great prices cause of the number of watchmakers in that city. nowadays it’s easily double those prices.

my SD will be due next year
    5BC58C28-1E48-40EE-80D9-AE88BBB5A639.jpeg

Last edited:

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    There goes the money for another nice rifle. The crown on the winding stem stopped screwing down, is what I took it in for. Seems like they are going to strip it down & clean into get to the stem. Reassemble & oil change plus some other things. I passed on the new band for $450.00 & new crystal for $350.00

Much to my surprise the now have a bar in the place. One of the sales staff asked if I would like a bottle of water or soft drink, as he points to the bar. I'm like "Is that a bar back there?" Yes sir care for a drink? Well hell yeah I'll have a drink! Turns out no mixers, so he offered up
    "Neat" I told him white trash like myself only drink shine straight.
    Hmmm... if you wear a Rolex, isn't that surrendering the right of referring to yourself as white trash.

ronbwolf

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2016
    My wife has bought herself a couple of Rolex's over the years. I wear a cheap Casio, got used to them while I was working, very durable. My only jewelry is my wedding ring. My wife and I stopped into a jewelry store in Newport Beach once. She was wearing her Rolex, and started looking at watches, with lots of gold. She tried one on, and I asked the price, without batting an eye the salesperson said, "$30,000.00." We left, outside I told my wife, "I wouldn't pay $30,000.00 for a WATCH if Shania Twain jumped out of it every hour, and blew me!"

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    Axxe55,

yours, satx

if you have an ear for ‘em they don’t sound the same. also, a jeweller isn’t the standard of expertise... unless you’re talking gems etc.

to many, rolex’s aren’t even considered “upscale” in the world of high end watches. they’re just more known.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    if you have an ear for ‘em they don’t sound the same. also, a jeweller isn’t the standard of expertise... unless you’re talking gems etc.

to many, rolex’s aren’t even considered “upscale” in the world of high end watches. they’re just more known.

tonelar,

FWIW, my 1st COUSIN (Randy Wayne B___________________) was a certified watchmaker out of the watchmaking school of PARIS JUNIOR COLLEGE, until he got a degenerative muscle disease & cannot do "fine work" anymore. - Randy turned me onto some of the BEST-MADE watches. - I cannot afford most of them.

Personally, I wear a FOMOCO wristwatch (This watch was intended to be a sales award for the year's best salesman of 1986. - the BEST salesman died before 1987 & the sales manager gave it to me for doing him a favor.= I was selling advertising at the time..) .which has a fairly GOOD QUALITY SEIKO movement in a stainless steel case/bracelet.
    (Other than a new battery ever 1.5-2 years, it has needed NOTHING since 1988 & RUNS FINE.)

THANK YOU for speaking the TRUTH= ROLEX is NOT "mechanically" a GREAT QUALITY WATCH. - IT is simply EXPENSIVE.

ONE of the LESS KNOWN men's watches that is GREAT is a MIDO & cased in 22K gold or platinum.
    (There are LOTS of other GREAT QUALITY watches on Planet Earth.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I still can't even afford a cheap fake Rolex!
    Nicest thing about a decent watch is that increase in value as you enjoy it. My Rolex the time before this repair was valued at 4 times what I paid for it.

While I could have bought a H&K sear or another machine gun for the same money, I don't generally have them out enjoying them like the watch.

Top Bottom