• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    I went to AZ for a wedding and pre arranged my car rental. A small SUV and when we got there they had an EV
    I took one look and said NO!
    They got butthurt when I explained why.
    Took 20 minutes for the Management to ok a regular SUV.

Turns out they were pushing them to entice people to buy them. Hmmmmm who started that shit?

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    As OP mentioned, he had to set up an acct at the charging station. Sorry, I’m not setting up an account with yet another password to remember and another APP on my phone, and another point with my credit card on file for a one-off experience. Also, reading the owners manual as a first order of business at my destination just to see how the basic functions work is not my idea of fun.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I went to AZ for a wedding and pre arranged my car rental. A small SUV and when we got there they had an EV

Turns out they were pushing them to entice people to buy them. Hmmmmm who started that shit?
    I can't understand why the rental companies have chosen to take the burden to pushing the ev agenda. Isn't their business to make a profit thru providing a service to the public? Pushing biden's ev agenda didn't work very well for Hertz did it?

BTW: I still have rental credits with Hertz -they will never be used. woke=broke

Last edited:

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    My Ford is still going even though it's 59 years old and its never had any rust, Imagine that!
    FB_IMG_1671839119633.jpg

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    It wasn't the EV that was the problem, it was a ford dude. Put the blame where it belongs.
    Are you sure? Is it most Fords suck and all EVs suck? Or is it most EVs suck and all Fords suck, or is it a double suck? In Euclidean geometry the intersection of two equally sucky things would be much more sucky

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Are you sure? Is it most Fords suck and all EVs suck? Or is it most EVs suck and all Fords suck, or is it a double suck? In Euclidean geometry the intersection of two equally sucky things would be much more sucky

All Fords suck, most EVs suck. I've been in a few Teslas and they were rock solid. One drove itself to the store and back. Wild to sit in a car driving itself.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County

Hertz found they are more expensive to maintain so they are selling off 30k EVs in their fleet during 2024.

Top Bottom