• SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    The Romeos are still made in China.

Here's a list of sights & where they are made.

Thanks for the link; great info!

Sig notes on their own site the Romeo Zero Pro and Elite are manufactured in America, updates post Dec. 2020 from the site you linked which also indicated a handful of others manufactured stateside. The R1Pro I noted earlier is not one of them...

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Thanks for the link; great info!

Sig notes on their own site the Romeo Zero Pro and Elite are manufactured in America, updates post Dec. 2020 from the site you linked which also indicated a handful of others manufactured stateside. The R1Pro I noted earlier is not one of them...

Assembled in the US from foriegn made parts, moreso than entirely made in the US. Better than 100% Chinesium, but its damn hard to avoid Chinesium, and *some* Chinesium is actually better than some of the American made stuff. *some*

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    well shit and double shit. got the Leupold Delta Pro in and called EGW as the salesman at Primary Arms said they have an adapter plate. it came in. won't fit. diff guy at EGW said the guy i spoke to was a new employee and they do NOT make a plate for the FNX-45 Tactical. so did what i SHOULD OF DONE in the first place. called FNX tech dept. Leupold Pro will not fit a my gun. only choice i have he said is back to the Vortex Viper or a Burris something or a fried rice special, a Holosun. not a happy camper. any Holoson. i guess the 507c?? anyone?

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    well shit and double shit. got the Leupold Delta Pro in and called EGW as the salesman at Primary Arms said they have an adapter plate. it came in. won't fit. diff guy at EGW said the guy i spoke to was a new employee and they do NOT make a plate for the FNX-45 Tactical. so did what i SHOULD OF DONE in the first place. called FNX tech dept. Leupold Pro will not fit a my gun. only choice i have he said is back to the Vortex Viper or a Burris something or a fried rice special, a Holosun. not a happy camper. any Holoson. i guess the 507c?? anyone?

Look at the 509T, honestly. I played with one at my LGS a couple days ago and like it more than the 507C - which I have one one of my pistols.

What I like about the 509T isn't that it is an "enclosed emitter" - what I like is that the housing on the 509 is much thinner, and takes up a lot less visual realestate than the housing of the 507 or 508 series guns. Its the same emitter and options the Holosun stuff is known for otherwise. The 509T can be adapted to work on any RMR footprint, IIRC.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    if the housing is much thinner, aren't you looking at a durable issue?

Depends on the alloy being used, honestly. The 509T has a titanium component to it. The real question is whether you will ever ‘trust’ the optic due to the brand. There’s no point adopting one if you don’t trust it.

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    i am very limited in what i can use. as per FX, a Vortex Viper (already have one), Burris (no), or a Holosun. so.........gonna try the Holosun. just called their CS to see what exactly model etc fits, got a recording saying send an email as they no longer answer the phone. in Kalifornia. of course.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    i am very limited in what i can use. as per FX, a Vortex Viper (already have one), Burris (no), or a Holosun. so.........gonna try the Holosun. just called their CS to see what exactly model etc fits, got a recording saying send an email as they no longer answer the phone. in Kalifornia. of course.

When I was talking to my LGS guy, he mentioned that they have an adapter that allows the 509 to mount onto an RMR plate. The 509T uses the same native footprint as the Aimpoint ACRO. I'd definitely take the gun to the shop when you go get the site, and make sure it fits before you spring for the cash.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Also - check with C&H Precision - they make a lot of optic adapter plates as aftermarket and OEM (C&H makes the plates for Walther's PDP and PPQ, for example) - they might make something for the FN pistols.

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    i did. they said no, but do custom work for $150 an hour.
    ask ur LGS guy the next time u visit if the 509T will fit my gun. i have 2 diff mounting plates already, one being a picatinny type.
    i live in the country. the nearest gun dealer is austin.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    i did. they said no, but do custom work for $150 an hour.
    ask ur LGS guy the next time u visit if the 509T will fit my gun. i have 2 diff mounting plates already, one being a picatinny type.
    i live in the country. the nearest gun dealer is austin.

See the link in the post right above

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Do you have the owner’s manual for your firearm? Page 42 of it says the gun should have shipped with adapter plates to fit the RMR footprint (trijicon) or the Docter footprint.

Holosun 407C/507C (not K) should mount directly to the adapter supplied. The 509T does not appear to be documented as compatible with either of the supplied plates.

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    Do you have the owner’s manual for your firearm? Page 42 of it says the gun should have shipped with adapter plates to fit the RMR footprint (trijicon) or the Docter footprint.

Holosun 407C/507C (not K) should mount directly to the adapter supplied. The 509T does not appear to be documented as compatible with either of the supplied plates.
    i no doubt do somewhere. i do have 2 plates with it. the guy at FN didn't even hesitate with what he told me. why doesn't it list Vortex i wonder. thats what came on it. so far i have returned a Holosun 507K, an EGW plate, and am returning a Leupold pro, all of which they swore would fit. did i mention i'm getting frustrated.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom