• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    i am selling my red dot Venom VMD-3106 (maybe) because i want a "shake awake" sight as its mounted on my nightstand gun a FNX Tactical 45 acp. i don't wanna have to hit an ON button in the middle of the night in a crisis or take the chance of a dead batt by leaving it on. i got a HOLOSUN HE507K-GR X2 in today. never came on whether in manual or motion detect mode, with 2 new batteries or the one what come with it. plus doesn't fit the slide cut out even with the adapter plate, as good as the Venom. Its going back. any suggestions or real world experiences? Thanks.
    Venture Surplus ad

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I have a Sig Romeo 1 that shakes awake every single time.

ETA: the R1 is a proprietary footprint; but the R0 is a shield footprint, IIRC.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    I have experience with the Romeo 1 Pro, Leupold Delta Point Pro and Trijicon RMR.

All three work as advertised; no sleep/awake issues.

The RMR, I believe, fits the FNX with no adapter plate.

Between the Romeo 1 Pro and the Delta Point Pro, and since an adapter plate is required for either, I'd personally select the Delta Point Pro for the larger window and clearer glass.

All three of these options are made in the USA. Holosun is chicom.

I'm fairly certain you can look through a mounted RMR and DPP at Academy. They likely have the R1Pro on a SIG for sale too.

Check out CHPWS for excellent adapter plates.

Good luck on the hunt.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    I like my XS Big Dot sight for night. Nice and bright, large front sight, easy to hit with and always bright.,

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    On a defensive handgun, I can’t underscore this enough. Biggest window available. Primary Arms is now doing a huge circle dot on a big window and it’s on target so fast your head swims.
    Well. PA has a ton of sights. Which do you recommend?

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    On a defensive handgun, I can’t underscore this enough. Biggest window available. Primary Arms is now doing a huge circle dot on a big window and it’s on target so fast your head swims.
    I'm hoping to soon replace the Romeo Zero that came with my P365XL with the Romeo Zero Elite... not an ACSS reticle; however, has option of 6 moa dot, 32 moa circle, or both. Glass lens and from what I've read, a massive upgrade from the R0 (MSRP $220).

I was personally glad to learn of this prior to funding a holosun so I can maintain my ardent effort to buy American.

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    what a cluster! no one makes an adapter plate for the FNX Tactical except EGW, for the Delta Point Pro. Sig Romeo 1 Pro, no. Trijicons are not shake awakes. after a coupla hours i ordered the Delta and the EGW plate. i have done business with EGW before and they are great people to deal with.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I like the idea of shake awake but wonder why Trijicon hasn’t also gone this route?

Their battery life is already a purported 4 years (60,000 hrs) - if you're replacing batteries annually just for good measure, why bother with shake awake?

FWIW I went Holosun for my optic choices - mainly because of their reticle options. I'd rather have the Delta Point but couldn't find one with the original delta / chevron type reticle - they only do round dots now. I don't like the Trijicon's triangle reticle either, so I went with the next best thing for my eyeballs which was the Holosun with its' EO Tech like dot / ring reticles. They don't blur / starburst like a dot alone does for me.

The side load battery that doesn't require removing the sight and having to re-zero is also a big plus over Trijicon.

Aaron Cowen's optics tests also helped steer my choices, he beat the ever living crap out of the Holosun 507 and hasn't had it fail yet. The 507K was my first RDS, I've got it mounted on a full size M&P. I went with the 507C for my Walther, I find its faster to pick up the reticle on the larger C model. I'd really like to see a Delta Point with the ACSS reticle. That'll never happen though.

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    Their battery life is already a purported 4 years (60,000 hrs) - if you're replacing batteries annually just for good measure, why bother with shake awake?

FWIW I went Holosun for my optic choices - mainly because of their reticle options. I'd rather have the Delta Point but couldn't find one with the original delta / chevron type reticle - they only do round dots now. I don't like the Trijicon's triangle reticle either, so I went with the next best thing for my eyeballs which was the Holosun with its' EO Tech like dot / ring reticles. They don't blur / starburst like a dot alone does for me.

The side load battery that doesn't require removing the sight and having to re-zero is also a big plus over Trijicon.

Aaron Cowen's optics tests also helped steer my choices, he beat the ever living crap out of the Holosun 507 and hasn't had it fail yet. The 507K was my first RDS, I've got it mounted on a full size M&P. I went with the 507C for my Walther, I find its faster to pick up the reticle on the larger C model. I'd really like to see a Delta Point with the ACSS reticle. That'll never happen though.
    after talking with 4 suppliers and asking the batt life question, they all said well maybe so maybe no, but makes a good selling point. one said his reflex was mounted on his bedside gun like mine is and wasn't taking the chance of being dead when he needed it. another said on his its advertised for up to 20,000 (?) hours and he has to (or just does) replace it every 2-3 weeks. but he shoots it a lot. and admittedly, the Delta has the worst advertised batt life, and i saw that on some reviews. but as mine just lays there 95% of the time...i run about 2 boxes every six weeks to stay in shape with it. so i'll change the batt every month. also, they all said as the damn on/off buttons are so small finding that ON button in the middle of the night while theres glass breaking etc etc may be a challenge. mine also has a bright light w/a green laser dot under it. with it getting as crazy as it is i'll take every advantage i can get. FJB

Last edited:

hullhullhull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2022
    El Paso
    I have two RMR’s and I’ve had an RMR on my carry gun for 11 years.
    Everyday, all day the dot is on. I replace annually and have never had an issue.

After removing the RMR to change a battery the zero is always close enough for self defense use.

Not trying to argue with you or steer you in a particular direction, just giving you some real world feedback.

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    I have two RMR’s and I’ve had an RMR on my carry gun for 11 years.
    Everyday, all day the dot is on. I replace annually and have never had an issue.

After removing the RMR to change a battery the zero is always close enough for self defense use.

Not trying to argue with you or steer you in a particular direction, just giving you some real world feedback.
    which is what i asked for. thanks.

Reactions: gll

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    after talking with 4 suppliers and asking the batt life question, they all said well maybe so maybe no, but makes a good selling point. one said his reflex was mounted on his bedside gun like mine is and wasn't taking the chance of being dead when he needed it. another said on his its advertised for up to 20,000 (?) hours and he has to (or just does) replace it every 2-3 weeks. but he shoots it a lot. and admittedly, the Delta has the worst advertised batt life, and i saw that on some reviews. but as mine just lays there 95% of the time...i run about 2 boxes every six weeks to stay in shape with it. so i'll change the batt every month. also, they all said as the damn on/off buttons are so small finding that ON button in the middle of the night while theres glass breaking etc etc may be a challenge. mine also has a bright light w/a green laser dot under it. with it getting as crazy as it is i'll take every advantage i can get. FJB

Every 2-3 weeks is kinda nuts. Its just a tiny LED emitter, lol. If it makes him feel safe though. I think the Holosun technically has shake awake - my gun rides on my body from the time I wake up, till I get undressed at night. Its moving enough to keep the dot on, and I've not had any issues with it. I run mine at probably 2 / 3 full brightness, a bit bright for dark areas, but bright enough not to wash out when looking toward the bright parts of my yard at high noon.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I'm hoping to soon replace the Romeo Zero that came with my P365XL with the Romeo Zero Elite... not an ACSS reticle; however, has option of 6 moa dot, 32 moa circle, or both. Glass lens and from what I've read, a massive upgrade from the R0 (MSRP $220).

I was personally glad to learn of this prior to funding a holosun so I can maintain my ardent effort to buy American.

The Romeos are still made in China.

Here's a list of sights & where they are made.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom