• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Oh yeah. I do. Problem is that hind sight is 20/20. Probably a kid like that should have ended up on juvenile probation, where the orders will say that the person had to regularly see a therapist or psychiatrist if it’s indicated.

But commitment and off the streets only happens if loud alarm bells are being sounded unmistakeably warning you of that particular moment. If the family he was living with didn’t think anything was going to happen differently that particular day of the shooting, odds are that a shrink would not have caught it either.

It’s like with suicide, if a person wants help they will tell you. If they really do want to die, they will find a way to do it and there is nothing you can really do to prevent it. People even kill themselves in the hospital sometimes.
    It seems people did try to alert authorities about his intentions, but if the authorities shrug it off how are regular people supposed to deal with it?
    Texas SOT

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Yes, I remember those days. And, nobody cared if a boy was riding his bike through town with a Winchester Model 12 across the handlebars. My brother and I did that regularly starting from when we were 10. Hop on the bike and head out to a timber to hunt. People just ignored us and any other boys doing the same thing.

Hell, man! Just a ten year old boy riding his bicycle through town with no parents in sight will bring down the law these days!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-range_parenting#Legal_status_in_the_United_States

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Alcohol may cause 88,000 deaths, but it’s also responsible for millions of births
    94e6f8b8a69b5c170fd54a459e01c7f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• 94e6f8b8a69b5c170fd54a459e01c7f1.jpg
      94e6f8b8a69b5c170fd54a459e01c7f1.jpg
      36.9 KB · Views: 336

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Which is why Dan Crenshaw’s call for red flag laws has me baffled...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    What scares me about that, is he seemed to be one of the staunchest supporters of the 2nd Amendment. This all reminds me of after 9/11, most everyone was open to throwing away freedom for safety.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Which is why Dan Crenshaw’s call for red flag laws has me baffled...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It's a knee jerk reaction like the bump stock ban. The shootings had just happened & he had microphones & cameras jammed in his face.
    I'm sure the post on his Twitter & FB pages the last few days has him rethinking his initial response.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I'm sure the post on his Twitter & FB pages the last few days has him rethinking his initial response.

I’m not so sure about that...

6af816c94372d236aaf855fcee7d2f22.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• 6af816c94372d236aaf855fcee7d2f22.jpg
      6af816c94372d236aaf855fcee7d2f22.jpg
      218.4 KB · Views: 340

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I don't mind having a conversation, but who is he talking about? The people? If he means the left, I think there's only one side of the conversation they are open to.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I think even if the politicians let the American populace vote on it & we the people won the vote, it would still get over turned by the the Supreme Court, just like gay marriage.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    It seems people did try to alert authorities about his intentions, but if the authorities shrug it off how are regular people supposed to deal with it?
    Authorities shrug it off because intentions aren’t crimes.

Intentions aren’t even intentions worth mentioning unless there is a specific plan for harm to self or others with a specified date that the plan would be carried out. Other than that there’s not much can do as far as forcing someone to get treatment.

Last edited:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    If you actually beleive this, then the person should be the one taken from the home to get help they need, and not the guns.
    Quite phucking tru.

I've said this everytime this comes up.

If someone is so dangerous that they may stomp on puppies kick kittens kill babies and old ladies then piss on the bodies as the float down the rivers of blood taking that sick evil bastards guns wont do shit except make him change plans.

If they are that dangerous take the person. THERE ARE ALREADY LAWS IN PLACE FOR THAT. A PLUS IS YOU WONT GET A BUNCH OF GAMERS SWATTING PEOPLE OR PISED OFF EXs PHUCKING WITH PEOPLE.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin

9999/10000 that kind of rhetoric is just venting. Have you never stated "I could just kill ___"? Not reason to strip your basic civil rights.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    9999/10000 that kind of rhetoric is just venting. Have you never stated "I could just kill ___"? Not reason to strip your basic civil rights.
    I don't know, if the people who know him think he was capable, it's hard to say, but in hindsight he certainly was.

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    Happened to my grandson in California. He was about 13 and made a hasty remark to some kids that were bullying him "...I'll kill you..." Ca cops came to my sons house and took the boy away. Held him for about a week. That seriously impacted his career.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    They,meaning the schools systems and police etc, are already taking this zero tolerance approach.

We are already less free in what we are able to say and have been for years.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Happened to my grandson in California. He was about 13 and made a hasty remark to some kids that were bullying him "...I'll kill you..." Ca cops came to my sons house and took the boy away. Held him for about a week. That seriously impacted his career.

So you understand. Perhaps upon reflection you will reconsider your "waiting period" view.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Will these "laws" also severely punish the Teacher, Cop, bureaucrat, Politician, and neighbor/neighborhood, that bears false witness and causes the Constitutional rights of another to be removed? If there is not swift and harsh retribution to these actors then eff you get off my lawn!
    Sent to Crenshaw, I live in his district. Also mentioned how quick his support might turn into contempt. He just barely won here.

Top Bottom