• ...and so much more!
  • Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Cleaned out stores is what happens when the “sheeple” panic because,the majority of them are not intelligent enough that in the days prior to the predicted event do not plan for said event.

Then they all flock to the stores and panic buy everything they see.

Some need to learn to gather information and plan accordingly then take the needed actions to implement the plan.

But when you dont plan then you panic.

Which is what 90% or more of the sheeple did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I was shocked to find mostly bare shelves. Produces - empty, meat - not much, I grabbed a brisket but the pickings were extremely slim like I’ve never seen. Dairy - nothing. Bread - minimal, shelves were 80 empty on bread isle.
    Pretty much the same at our local Walmart. My wife went yesterday and came back with a few things. She brought home some corned beef and has no idea what yo do with it. Guess they don't see it much in the Philippines. Bless her heart, I had to talk her out of making soup out of it.

We were lucky because we did our weekly shopping the day before the storm and can last a few more days. Also, we didn't lose power or water.

Riksors

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2019
    Georgetown
    Pretty much the same at our local Walmart. My wife went yesterday and came back with a few things. She brought home some corned beef and has no idea what yo do with it. Guess they don't see it much in the Philippines. Bless her heart, I had to talk her out of making soup out of it.

We were lucky because we did our weekly shopping the day before the storm and can last a few more days. Also, we didn't lose power or water.

If not for the high sodium content, i’d eat it everyday.

Sauté with onion and tomato. Enjoy with rice.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    Just came back from Costco, they had a lot of beef, but in huge roast sizes, no steaks. I asked the butcher on when a normal meat inventory will happen and he said mid-week. Lots of sausages, ground beef, cold cuts, corned beef.

They have pretty much of everything else as normal, including T.P., they even have a half-dozen pallets of bottled water (most popular item). Our town is still in boiling mode for tap water.

Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    For all you people blaming panic buying, and the stores, I say your are completely unaware of how the supply chain works. Can IT! If trucks can't roll, supplies cant be delivered. Normal purchases will empty a store in a few days if they can't restock. I work for a company that delivers beverages to grocery stores, and have since 1977. We haven't worked in a week. It takes some time for us and all the other suppliers to catch up. Expect more shortages over the next couple of weeks, and if you are mad about that then you are blind to reality.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I've got what looks like skim milk flowing from the tap, you? :p

LAST thing before going to bed last night was my flush valve jammed up after working fine for hours.
    Couldn't have been worse timing this morning. :bomb:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I've got what looks like skim milk flowing from the tap, you? :p

LAST thing before going to bed last night was my flush valve jammed up after working fine for hours.
    Couldn't have been worse timing this morning. :bomb:

Ours looks very similar to that. Appears to be lots of air in our lines I'm thinking. It goes away rather quickly and doesn't appear to be any sediment or anything in it.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Very smart. But where I live, if you left it outside a building the coons, foxes, bobcats, and other varmints would find it long before the next morning. They are desperate right now.
    Sounds like you would have had a decent supply of fresh, if a bit gamey meat and fresh dairy! What's not to love? Hehe

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Some bubbas got into a deactivated pumping station around canyon lake, and turned that sucker on. Gave a few neighborhoods good water pressure. Sure they felt like heroes.

Turns out that area has high arsenic and that's why that pump was disabled. Now that area has to completely flush the lines before the water can be used for more than toilets.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    It reared it's ugly head again.
    20210608_101728.jpg
    ceiling in my office.
    20210608_105813.jpg
    drain line from air conditioning coil.

The line is repaired.
    Wait and see how the ceiling looks after it dries.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Why did your AC drain line have so much water in it?
    Were ya'll running the AC?
    I'm confused.

ETA: Only asking due to the thread you posted in

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Why did your AC drain line have so much water in it?
    Were ya'll running the AC?
    I'm confused.

ETA: Only asking due to the thread you posted in
    The elbow had drooped a bit and held water. Of course it was under a bunch of insulation.
    It's braced up now and draining properly.

Top Bottom