• ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Thanks. Maybe mix the ammo.
    No. Load one type. This way you know what your gun will do.

Don't mess with non lethal. A shotgun is still a lethal weapon, regardless of ehat you put in it.

I recommend any quality pump or semi auto shotgun. Trust it only after vetting it with full power ammunition.

Load it with federal flite control 00 buck, preferably LE133 00
    Texas SOT

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    If there's no justification for lethal ammo, then there's no justification for using a firearm.

Needs repeating.

To stop a threat, especially in close quarters inside your house, unless you have a Star Trek phaser set on stun, there is simply no way to avoid severely injuring or even killing a perp while using a firearm.

Sounds like you're not willing to bear the responsibility of possibly killing a human to protect your life and of those in the household. ALL gun owners have to deal with this responsibility when owning a gun for defense. If one cannot reconcile this fact, they should not own guns for self defense. And that is perfectly fine- get a baseball bat, taser, large german shepherds, etc.

It ain't the movies where the good guy knocks the assailant unconscious without harm, or shoots the gun out of the bad guy's hand.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Needs repeating.

To stop a threat, especially in close quarters inside your house, unless you have a Star Trek phaser set on stun, there is simply no way to avoid severely injuring or even killing a perp while using a firearm.

Sounds like you're not willing to bear the responsibility of possibly killing a human to protect your life and of those in the household. ALL gun owners have to deal with this responsibility when owning a gun for defense. If one cannot reconcile this fact, they should not own guns for self defense. And that is perfectly fine- get a baseball bat, taser, large german shepherds, etc.

It ain't the movies where the good guy knocks the assailant unconscious without harm, or shoots the gun out of the bad guy's hand.
    ^^^^Ditto!^^^^

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The OP did not take into consideration that the perp inside his house will likely be armed with a firearm. And you can bet the farm he won't have non-lethal rounds in his gun.
    If they break into your house in the middle of the night, I would say there is a very good chance that they might be armed. Myself, I'm going to assume they are armed and act accordingly to that threat.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx

This brings up another important point -- even if you punch someone or kick someone, according to the law in Texas, you are using deadly force.

(3) "Deadly force" means force that is intended or known by the actor to cause, or in the manner of its use or intended use is capable of causing, death or serious bodily injury.
    (emphasis mine)

So as mentioned above, you can use a pillow, and still be using deadly force, if you use the pillow to smother someone, because you know that is capable of causing death or serious bodily injury.

I bring up this point because less-than-lethal rounds can kill and/or cause serious bodily injury. The OP knows this. Therefore, there is no legal difference between less-than-lethal rounds, and "real" rounds, in terms of the OP having used deadly force.

So since you are going to use deadly force anyways, you might as well use the real thing, because it greatly increases your chances of stopping the threat. The only reason to stick with less-than-lethal stuff is when you are willing to say, "I want to make the tradeoff of increasing my chances of failing to stop the bad guy in exchange for decreasing my chances of ending his life/inflicting serious bodily injury on him".

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    Recommendations for quality, reasonable cost, reliable, ease of handling home defense shotgun and type of non-lethal load with potent stopping power. Prefer buttstock model. Thanks.
    My pick is a trusty sling equipped 870 pump12ga loaded with 00.
    2EA30FEB-3BB6-48F7-96B6-E7EF3E7719B1.jpeg

Last edited:

samr46

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2020
    Houston, TX
    Thanks guys. Just as FYI I wound up with Benelli M1014. Loaded with 00. PS -site welcomes users of ALL levels but not dickheads of ANY level…get a life…LOL

Last edited:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Thanks guys. Just as FYI I wound up with Benelli M1014. Loaded with 00. PS -site welcomes users of ALL levels but not dickheads of ANY level…get a life…LOL
    No one was dick head to you
    Slap some salv on that butt hurt and grow the phuck up or GTFO.

People were legit helping a noob. The issues on reception of said help are yours alone.

Stay around. This is a good place with good people.

Top Bottom