• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • samr46

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2020
    Houston, TX
    Recommendations for quality, reasonable cost, reliable, ease of handling home defense shotgun and type of non-lethal load with potent stopping power. Prefer buttstock model. Thanks.
    Lynx Defense

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Here's a thread to peruse while waiting for replies....

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Recommendations for quality, reasonable cost, reliable, ease of handling home defense shotgun and type of non-lethal load with potent stopping power. Prefer buttstock model. Thanks.
    Didnt see the non lethal part cause I was too quick to toot my for sale horn. Lol

As for 12 gage non lethal. I have fired a couple dozen rounds at people and directly observed a few times that. Bean bag, Rubber ball buck, large single ball and the missile. None work very well thru denim or coats. None work on committed people. They will make people flinch and slow down. They will make people who think when you get shot you're supposed to fall fall down and some people give up.

They are best used in conjunction with other folks who can take advantage of that momentary shock and restrain them or other less lethal tools like gas or taser. None of which you alone in your home have access to. A crap shoot. What will you do when they fight thru that and call your bluff?

I would seriously consider reevaluating your thought process here. If you are forced to defend your home then defend your home. In rare instances Less lethal can still kill thru kinetic impact or forcing a fall etc. That's why it's called less lethal. Not non lethal
    By using less lethal in home defense you are giving someone who is there to harm you more chances to succeed.

Dont do that, it's insane.

Stop the threat immediately.

Last edited:

samr46

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2020
    Houston, TX
    Didnt see the non lethal part cause I was too quick to toot my for sale horn. Lol

As for 12 gage non lethal. I have fired a couple dozen rounds at people and directly observed a few times that. Bean bag, Rubber ball buck, large single ball and the missile. None work very well thru denim or coats. None work on committed people. They will make people flinch and slow down. They will make people who think when you get shot you're supposed to fall fall down and some people give up.

They are best used in conjunction with other folks who can take advantage of that momentary shock and restrain them or other less lethal tools like gas or taser. None of which you alone in your home have access to. A crap shoot. What will you do when they fight thru that and call your bluff?

I would seriously consider reevaluating your thought process here. If you are forced to defend your home then defend your home. In rare instances Less lethal can still kill thru kinetic impact or forcing a fall etc. That's why it's called less lethal. Not non lethal
    By using less lethal in home defense you are giving someone who is there to harm you more chances to succeed.

Dont do that, it's insane.

Stop the threat immediately.
    Thanks. Maybe mix the ammo.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    If there's no justification for lethal ammo, then there's no justification for using a firearm. Get a taser. Otherwise, should you need to use your defense weapon, one of two things will happen: You'll piss your intruder off and get hurt, or you'll injure your intruder and he'll sue your pants off and your use of nonlethal ammo will be used against you in court.

It's the same reason we never, ever fire "warning shots".

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Sounds like you already had your mind made up. Why ask then?

That less lethal stuff isnt exactly accurate nor does it fly like shot.

The rubber buck isnt consistent in spread. The bean bag and large stinger ball can be unpredictable at best and even the missile shaped projo can veer off in any direction. Good enough for down the hall I guess.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    If you are unable, or unwilling to use up to deadly force to defend yourself, your loved ones and your property, find other means than a gun for home defense.

"Less than lethal" doesn't mean"Non-lethal". Hitting a person woth a "less than lethal" round in the wrong part of the body could still inflict death.

Top Bottom