• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    New shoes for the Dromida came in today as well.

70de0f6dd5a5ddd75a855edebc03e408.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    nice, those the DTs?

Sent from my SIG Sauer
    Gun Zone Deals

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    They are the tire that comes on the Dromida DT4.18

Took my kids down to the pasture playground yesterday and let them run. Dromida did much better with the new tires. No issues with getting stuck.

Butters wouldn't let Kaylea drive the Dromida so she tested the Trenchers for me on the slash.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    looks like a blast! man, seeing your videos and pics makes me sad we live in suburbia. our next house will have a "gigantic" 1/4 acre lot with a 50' driveway. in other words it's going to feel like 1/8 acres

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've looked at it and it's generally the best, cost effective method. But since it's only gonna be for playing I'm going for the cheapest possible option.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Me and Butters hauled some dirt left over from cleaning out the tank a few years ago. A little clodded up and hard to smooth out but we managed to pile up something that resembles jumps.

Probably use some more of the crap dirt for the foundation of a few more jumps and cover is with better stuff for a smoother finish.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Tested the new obstacles today. Lots of crashing, anybody that claims the Slash can't take abuse has to be a really horrible driver, lol.

My big jump isn't bad but it's a little rough so it tosses the car about half the time. Other than that I eventually learned to let off and punch it again just before launching to unload the rear springs, or keep them loaded. Either way, it stopped the front bumper and roof landings when I did it right.

Gonna have to figure something out with the sand I think. Don't absolutely have to, but could carry a lot more speed around if it was a little more solid.

My big jump is a little close to a hard turn also. Full speed gets enough air for a crossover but lands too far in to a turn and I shoot off in to the grass.

Burned a 2S trying to jumps, then let the motor cool and threw in a partial charged 3S and just played around (crashed) for a little bit.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That's article is way wrong, lol. Calls it a Slash but its stated (and looks like) and Xmaxx, and running on 8S. $1k truck, lol.

It was running on water way better than any Slash I've seen.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    My daughter is wanting her own car now. She liked the Rustler, Bigfoot #1, and E-Revo.

Considering the E-Revo is $600, it's out...so it's a Rustler of BigFoot#1, which is really just a Stampede with a licensed body.

Probably go with a brushed Rustler. Should be plenty of speed for her to have fun with and more stable than a monster truck. Tons of cheap parts out there and less maintenance being a 2wd.

Only worry is burning out the brushed motor. Probably just throw in an aftermarket brushless if that happens. Something in the lower KV, higher torque range.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    That's article is way wrong, lol. Calls it a Slash but its stated (and looks like) and Xmaxx, and running on 8S. $1k truck, lol.

It was running on water way better than any Slash I've seen.

must be all about the tires. That's a HUGE, huge truck and I doubt it's very light. Respectively fast, but not breaking any speed recordz.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It definitely looks more like a monster truck. Looks bigger than the E-Maxx and can't find any vids that show anything else being able to turn on the water.

Guess it's all about 8X4" sand paddles and 8S power.

It does look heavier in the water and the length seems to match the X-maxx when he pick it up at the end of the vid.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Well, ordered Kaylea her blue Rustler. Figured I might as well upgrade to the VXL. Should be easy to tame it down a little running 2S and training mode. Or the included NiMh pack. Just couldn't see going with a brushed motor and limiting battery choices, VXL gets all bearings and the better TQI transmitter and TSM too.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    what truck are you buying for the dog?

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Pretty sure the dog wants a 1/5 scale short course truck of some kind with oversized tires and lots of suspension travel.

Top Bottom