• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Ah. Didn't think it would have much effect with holes in the wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gun Zone Deals

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    yeah, I didn't know/think until I did it. softens them up quite a bit.

i forget what size bit I used... not super tiny though.
    Alternatively you could cut little slits, but I felt slits would tear over time. I guess you could always superglue them afterwards.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I plugged up one vent and let them sit with the other vent at the bottom. Every so often I went through all the tires and squeezed them real quick blowing out the water that collected.

If I loose the foams I may just plug the holes and let them be inflated tires, lol. Gonna switch over to badlands or Trenchers anyways before too long. Badlands grip better on anything soft, trenchers last longer and are less likely to cause a traction roll. Probably go with Trenchers.

Or I may do the acetone thing and strip all the chrome from the wheels and paint them flat black, then mount some new tires on them. Maybe do some SC Trenchers and have another set of Badlands on 2.8 wheels for those times when it's just nasty out.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Got all my bearings cleaned and lived except the from diff and motor. It's weird that all the bearings at the back would barely turn, those in the from carriers were a little rough and those in the diff don't feel bad at all. Seems the rear bearings take a lot more abuse and get more crud in them. Gonna do the front diff anyways, and go ahead and hit the motor bearings since they spin faster than any others on the truck.

Good practice. It's supposed to rain this weekend so I'm sure they'll be trashed again, lol. I'll get to see if using grease pays off or backfires. I'm thinking it will be good in water and terrible in dust.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    foams should be fine from just water/dirt, but you need to make sure you get all the water out. you'll know, because the truck will hop out of balance pretty wildly. Depending on hoe much water got in, squeezing won't work. Didn't for me, at least.

as far as plugging holes, they act as vents for when the tires balloon at high speed.

If you do do acentone, have new foams on hand. that will kill them for sure.
    Upon reinstallation, I've found 2 layers of gorilla brand duct tape (gorilla tape?) works really, really well to prevent ballooning.

Also, don't buy into "tire glue". CA glue is CA glue, just use your favorite superglue.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    if it looked like this, you'll need to drill holes or dismount the tires.

that loud grinding sound was the tire running the body.
    it now males a quiet grinding sound of teeth shearing off the front ring gear. New gears arrived yesterday. Praying it bulletproofs the truck.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I can neither confirm or deny that the truck may or may not have been swimming one or more times in what may or may not have been a substance commonly referred to as "water".

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Stopped by a small shop in Killeen to look around. Picked up a CRC 5300mah 40C 2S so no I have a battery just for the slash. I was a little worried about bashing too hard with soft cased LiPos.

Loose a little to in but should gain some punch. If the C rating is honest it should supple more than double the amps of my other batteries and I don't have to worry about puffing them.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Got my video edited and uploaded finally. Ran a little longer than planned and I still suck at sound tracks.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    so.. much... fun

i need to run my Revo with the ported engine. Hopefully this weekend. We'll see, we've been fishing lately.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    My little playground

7352f6e6c9549ea878f8183c3bfca857.jpg

4574df485ecc84e735b4c4092d19381c.jpg

Think I'm gonna take the box blade at some point and try to expand it a little, maybe build a a few jumps that don't land in water.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Tough to do, these are painted from the inside and it's tough to strip without clouding the lexan.

There are a ton of unpainted body styles out there though.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    retrofit some Pro-line body mounts for a Slash 4x4 on one of my ECXs. They were breaking CONSTANTLY and I got sick of replacing them.

Need to drill new holes in the body, but overall loving these screw-on mounts. Got 5 sets a few weeks ago for all the trucks

Still need to do upgrade the front shafts on this truck, do the body mounts/front diff on the other ECX, and the body mount screws on my Revos and the little guy's Tacon

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Seen that a lot of people like the proline mounts. Probably do it someday but I have to stop spending money for a week or two.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Me and Butters came out to expand the playground a little bit and smooth things out.

32138040bca8bf5ae0974b363ffc4b5b.jpg

Gonna come back and spray to kill the remaining grass and expand it a little more, then bring in some clay for jumps and probably mix in around the area to firm up the fine sand so it won't be so bad in the bearings.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    i'm envious. We live in suburbia and everyone's got 55x80 lots. We're getting the "big" lot at 0.27 acres.

I am soooooooo coming over to bash next time I'm passing through.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Hopefully I can have some jumps and other fun stuff built in before too long.

There's a corner that's washing out from tank overflow that I'm leaving alone just to be a jacked up rough section, and once corner that holds a little water.

The rest should drain pretty good. Mound holding back the tank water gives a nice, slightly elevated area to drive from.

Should be able to make a pretty good track for ~1/16 scale RC, might be a little small for 1/10. But I think it will work well for general bashing for 1/10 and smaller.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    xbasbajajjs
    Top Bottom