• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I just ordered a $700 part last week from Rock Auto. It showed delivered, but wasn't there. We looked at the delivery picture only to see it sitting at the front door of our old house in IL that we sold more than a year ago.
    I called my realtor and got the number for the new owner. She had already took it back to the local DG, the FedEx drop off point. So I called them and offered good money for her to ship it to me. She said it was "in the system" and she couldn't do anything but send it back to the sender.
    So I called FedEx directly. The lady there, in barely English says "you're F'ed, it has to go back to the sender". So I messaged with the bot at Rock auto only to find that after they received it back, and after they inspected it, I "may" get a refund. And that if I wanted another turbo, to order another.
    Later that night I got a call claiming to be the local FedEx hub asking for my address so they could forward it here, free of charge. The call seemed a little off, but not completely scammy. So supposedly, it's on the way, but I didn't get tracking info. So now idk wtf...
    <>

Please let us know if you survive. . . .

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

One thing I’ve learned: If in a rural or semi-rural area, write in the “delivery instructions” block this:

“USE STREET ADDRESS, NOT “GPS” LOCATION!”

GPS LOCATION indicates the nearest road or driveway to your home, whether it is your drive way, or not.

We have some nasty neighbors whose drive comes near our home; they just keep anything delivered to them in error. We’ve even received photos of our items in their garage, but they stonewall the delivery service folks.

leVieux

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Funny, coming from the guy that started the thread complaining about packages not getting delivered.
    Edit. There was an emoji there when I hit send.
    <>

Just hoping you’re still OK. I didn’t mean to sound sarcastic.

We’ve had neighbors killed in home invasions; and have had two attempted felon home invasions in our 6 years here.

Stay safe.

<>

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    <>

One thing I’ve learned: If in a rural or semi-rural area, write in the “delivery instructions” block this:

“USE STREET ADDRESS, NOT “GPS” LOCATION!”

GPS LOCATION indicates the nearest road or driveway to your home, whether it is your drive way, or not.

We have some nasty neighbors whose drive comes near our home; they just keep anything delivered to them in error. We’ve even received photos of our items in their garage, but they stonewall the delivery service folks.

leVieux

<>
    I learned to check your delivery address. Mine somehow got toggled to IL, so it's entirely my fault. Even though I just made an order through them to THIS address just a week before..
    So I earned it. But that doesn't make it any easier to sort out.

Top Bottom