• ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Hey Skeeter,

Nope, I read the OP and strongly feel that when a thread creates a lot of bitching to the Mods, they are very likely to lock it up and I don't blame them a bit. The guys need to quit griping when someone hurts their little feelings. Getting revved up over a remark is one thing. Bringing it to the Mods is another. Let it lay, go watch TV and quit stirring up problems in a place that is really pretty trouble free.

Summing it up: Why do threads get locked up? Some get nasty and should be locked up. Others get locked because they become a pain in the butt to the mods.

Flash
    Texas SOT

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Im an Administrator on another gun related forum. We dont have any problem, none what so ever.
    The only thread's that ever get messed with on there are the one's I screwed up and hit the wrong button. Hell, we got school teachers, Marines, air force, Army , navy, Rednecks, lawyers, cops, postal workers, gas processing people, and who knows what else. I think the major difference is "conservitive" values. Everybody on there is far Right Conservitive.
    You capitalized Marines, correctly.
    ...you also capitalized Rednecks.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Hey Skeeter,

Nope, I read the OP and strongly feel that when a thread creates a lot of bitching to the Mods, they are very likely to lock it up and I don't blame them a bit. The guys need to quit griping when someone hurts their little feelings. Getting revved up over a remark is one thing. Bringing it to the Mods is another. Let it lay, go watch TV and quit stirring up problems in a place that is really pretty trouble free.

Summing it up: Why do threads get locked up? Some get nasty and should be locked up. Others get locked because they become a pain in the butt to the mods.

Flash
    i got ya Flash. you and i are gonna get along jus fine!!

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX

I don't mind if alot of people voice their opinions about threads ... it's really what kinda gives me a perspective about what to do with the thread. If ten people are saying the person is out of line, then it stands to reason that he's probably out of line, otherwise they wouldn't have taken the time to report it.

I'll admit that sometimes it's a case of crying to momma, but for the vast majority of the time, it's a legitimate concern.

I don't want people to sit back and take it ... frankly this forum isn't for people to run amok and terrorize other posters. I want people to feel free to voice their opinions, but I don't expect everyone to agree with those opinions, just respect them.

All I want is for people to be mature enough to discuss topics without name calling and ultimatums. There are going to be times when people disagree or let another poster get under their skin. I've stepped in and banned a number of people for short periods of time as punishment, and yet they are still here posting on the forum.

Top Bottom