Gun Zone Deals

Question: Best Shooting Range around San Antonio?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Personally I have been going to Bracken since I moved to Texas. Until lone Star opened it was the closest to my house.

Bexar comm. Range kinda scared me as the pistol shooters are all very close to each other (bumping elbows) and there were several with VERY bad muzzle discipline.

Deitz was a great place I really liked it there but its about 45 minutes away and Bracken is only 15....

Bracken is limited to 7 & 15 yard pistol and 50/100 yard rifles. They do have a ccw lane dedicated to training and practice where you can draw and shoot. The place itself is kinda geared more towards beginners and is slightly annoying at times but safe enough I take my daughters there. They have seen me there enough that they leave me alone now and know that I know my stuff. The price is OK but they charge you per gun so if you're bringing several pistols only tell them 2 and then only have 2 out at once 0:-)

I might have to try lone Star this weekend though.

Good point rp, because that is exactly how I feel about Cedar Ridge, and this is not a comparison, but when I go to Bracken I feel put off by the place. My point is that both those ranges have their detractors for staff and the way they operate, but if you are a regular, you never notice it.
    Lynx Defense

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I only wish Dietz was closer :-/

I really liked that place and their little German range master guy, he was pretty impressed by my pps. And they let me shoot my old pps-43 there. Bracken wouldn't let me. In fact Bracken doesn't "allow" me to shoot my wife's 9mm carbine at the 100 yard line.

Last time he asked me calibers I said I had a 577 tyrannosaurus. He didn't ask questions but I noticed him hovering over me a few minutes later (possibly trying to figure out what a 577 tyrannosaurus was?!?)

SPyKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Indoor: Nardis has to be one of the best in Texas. It's not cheap, but as a member, I can get priority for a Lane, two for the family, and stay as long as we want.

My new favorite outdoor range is Lone Star. Lots of good people around there. Nothing like plinking steel at 300 yards!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

StevenC.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    San Antonio
    Hit up the Bullet Hole on the westside just outside Loop 1604. Good prices. Range staff is attentive and friendly. Public line, private bays, 50-100-200-300 rifle.

Top Bottom