• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Referring to HB378?

BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS: SECTION 1.Section 545.157, Transportation Code, is amended by amending Subsection (a) and adding Subsection (d) to read as follows: (a)On approaching a stationary authorized emergency vehicle using visual signals that meet the requirements of Sections 547.305 and 547.702, or a stationary tow truck using equipment authorized by Section 547.305(d), an operator, unless otherwise directed by a police officer, shall: (1)vacate the lane closest to the emergency vehicle or tow truck when driving on a highway with two or more lanes traveling in the direction of the emergency vehicle or tow truck; or (2)slow to a speed not to exceed: (A)20 miles per hour less than the posted speed limit when the posted speed limit is 25 miles per hour or more; or (B)five miles per hour when the posted speed limit is less than 25 miles per hour. (d)In this section, “tow truck” means a vehicle that: (1)has been issued a permit under Subchapter C, Chapter 2308, Occupations Code; and (2)is operated by a person licensed under Subchapter D, Chapter 2308, Occupations Code.

Well there ya go. I thought he meant a tow truck driving down the road, but I misunderstood what he was saying.
    Guns International

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Referring to HB378?

BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS: SECTION 1.Section 545.157, Transportation Code, is amended by amending Subsection (a) and adding Subsection (d) to read as follows: (a)On approaching a stationary authorized emergency vehicle using visual signals that meet the requirements of Sections 547.305 and 547.702, or a stationary tow truck using equipment authorized by Section 547.305(d), an operator, unless otherwise directed by a police officer, shall: (1)vacate the lane closest to the emergency vehicle or tow truck when driving on a highway with two or more lanes traveling in the direction of the emergency vehicle or tow truck; or (2)slow to a speed not to exceed: (A)20 miles per hour less than the posted speed limit when the posted speed limit is 25 miles per hour or more; or (B)five miles per hour when the posted speed limit is less than 25 miles per hour. (d)In this section, “tow truck” means a vehicle that: (1)has been issued a permit under Subchapter C, Chapter 2308, Occupations Code; and (2)is operated by a person licensed under Subchapter D, Chapter 2308, Occupations Code.
    You think that is to what beachman was referring?

If so, my apologies to him, I read it as if he meant Yielding the ROW.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    You think that is to what beachman was referring?

If so, my apologies to him, I read it as if he meant Yielding the ROW.

I read it the same way, but it looks like he was correct. That bill was enrolled and is now in effect. Someone is lazy about updating the statutes.legis site.

HellSteed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Cypress
    I would like to see the wrecker drivers held accountable for their actions on the way to an accident. I've been cut off multiple times and seen them cut other drivers off, I've seen them speeding and running red lights (left turns through oncoming traffic)... it's insane the way they behave.

Top Bottom