• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barstoolguru

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    dallas.tx
    Yes, if a tow truck driver is responding to the scene of an accident they can use the shoulder of the road. IT is an emergency lane, who is to say what that emergency is.

barstoolguru

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    dallas.tx
    Look I am not going to do someone else’s homework for them. 35 years driving I have seen it all from driving on the wrong side of the road, crossing the medium, going down a one way the wrong way street and blocking a road way (yes it is illegal) all in the name of recovery. If there is not a law that says it then it is a practice that is overlooked by law enforcement. As far as I know laws that do not pertained to doing a job in a safe manner are not overlooked like speeding and reckless driving

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Look I am not going to do someone else’s homework for them. 35 years driving I have seen it all from driving on the wrong side of the road, crossing the medium, going down a one way the wrong way street and blocking a road way (yes it is illegal) all in the name of recovery. If there is not a law that says it then it is a practice that is overlooked by law enforcement. As far as I know laws that do not pertained to doing a job in a safe manner are not overlooked like speeding and reckless driving

So your statement that driving on the shoulder by a tow truck driver is legal was baseless; therefore, meaningless. And what is a "medium"?

barstoolguru

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    dallas.tx
    So your statement that driving on the shoulder by a tow truck driver is legal was baseless; therefore, meaningless. And what is a "medium"?

the medium is the section of dirt separating to opposing streets and as far as being wrong you show no proof that you are right. the shoulder of the road is for emergencies and breakdowns thus a wrecker is an emergency vehicle (yellow flashing caution lights) and is a service vehicle and can do what is needed to recover the vehicle and if that is driving on the shoulder of the road so be it

barstoolguru

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    dallas.tx
    thats what spell checker did but thanks
    Technically I was right

Medium-biology a substance or environment in which an organism naturally lives or grows

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    No, technically you were wrong. The area you are referring to can be called;
    median-n. Eastern, Midwestern, & Southern U.S.
    The dividing area, either paved or landscaped, between opposing lanes of traffic on some highways. Also called median, ; also called regionally boulevard, mall, Also called medial strip, meridian, Also called neutral ground.

The dirt that the grass grows in and on could possibly be referred to as a medium. However, since in context you were referring to the area as opposed to the substance the biologicals grow in, you used the wrong word.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    I suspect that many of the wreckers you see driving that way are doing it to get to the scene before the other drivers and not so much from an urgent need to clear the scene to reopen lanes for traffic. It would only take one or two for that, not 10. I hear it on the scanner all the time from the responding officers: "No more wreckers, no more wreckers...".

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Lol, this thread has turned to the funnies.......please keep going.....
    Now, tow trucks cant be driving on the shoulder 30 miles away just to get to an accident. A little research will help, but that's also the best way to learn. To the Medium/Median guy, not just anything can be claimed as an emergency. If I stop you, i can help define that on the side of the road, and I hope It's really an emergency, lol.

barstoolguru

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    dallas.tx
    If I run out of Jim bean and coke it is definably(intended) an emergency and you can drive on the shoulder of the road to get to the liquor store

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    There isn't a law giving wreckers special permission to use the shoulder. If the traffic is still moving they can't use the overheads to drive around them. If the truck gets to the scene and the traffic is backed up, the officers are going to understand if the driver uses the shoulder safely to get to the scene and clear it. One truck shouldn't be racing to an accident to beat another truck, they have to be on the rotation and generally have 30 mins before dispatch goes down the list to the next service in line.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I think LEOs just look the other way when it comes to toe trucks blocking roadways and driving on the shoulders... After all these are the same cops that fly by me going 85 on IH35 almost every day going nowhere.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Maybe some LEOs, but not me. Sorry if thay disappoints. Also, people usually have no clue when we're answering a call that may need a little faster response but not always the use of emergency lights. As long as the officer Is using due regard.

Top Bottom