• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I grabbed a few frames a while back when they were having a big sale. I prefer Glock grip angle so that’s a hit against them for me. Also, the polymer feels odd to me, “soft” compared to others, not that it’s flexible just weird feeling. When they are on sale it’s hard to beat the price.

olddirtygerm

Awesome
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2018
    Fort Worth
    I picked one up with the ported slide. Had the first recoil spring fall apart which I see other cases off. Replaced that with a Glock one and haven't had other issues. It's pretty reliable now but if anything else breaks I will continue to put Golock parts in it

jlm195650

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2024
    Bandera, TX
    Thanks for the heads-up. I received a frame and kit through a class I was taking at Sonoran Institute. I knew it was a Glock clone, but mentioning Glock replacement parts makes a whole lot of sense. If something goes wrong, I will now be looking for Glock parts

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I'm waiting to "build" one - I have a completed frame, but the slide I want has not been in stock in two months. I'm considering at this point of getting a different maker's slide to put on it - there's a company in Houston that makes custom slides that lists a G48 compatable slide (which makes it Micro Dagger compatable) that comes with direct mill for the Holosun optic I have for it. The slide I want from PSA is the X-Macro like "C1" ported slide - having experienced a G43X and found it OK but not great, I think a bit of recoil / muzzle compensation may help make it better than OK. My other idea is a traditional ported barrel, I've found ported slides but would need a smith to cut ports in a barrel if I go that route, because oddly enough the company with the ported G48 slides does not offer a ported G48 barrel to match.

I like the ergonomics, the Gen 4 type mag release on the Micro Dagger, trigger guard under cut, and the rail (I'll probably be throwing a TLR7A or TLR7Sub on it at some point) - I will also say that the addition of a Hogue Handall for the G43X really transformed the ergos from OK to Very Good, and the grip is still thinner than a Glock 17 / 19's.

I'm already thinking of aftermarket triggers for mine - but it requires replacing the PSA trigger housing with a Glock factory unit, which many people have done. This opens up trigger options like Apex etc. I guess the Apex trigger in my G34 has me spoiled, and the factory trigger shoe on the Micro Dagger ain't great. its a hinged trigger like the old M&P / Sigma / FN FNS triggers.

olddirtygerm

Awesome
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2018
    Fort Worth
    I'm waiting to "build" one - I have a completed frame, but the slide I want has not been in stock in two months. I'm considering at this point of getting a different maker's slide to put on it - there's a company in Houston that makes custom slides that lists a G48 compatable slide (which makes it Micro Dagger compatable) that comes with direct mill for the Holosun optic I have for it. The slide I want from PSA is the X-Macro like "C1" ported slide - having experienced a G43X and found it OK but not great, I think a bit of recoil / muzzle compensation may help make it better than OK. My other idea is a traditional ported barrel, I've found ported slides but would need a smith to cut ports in a barrel if I go that route, because oddly enough the company with the ported G48 slides does not offer a ported G48 barrel to match.

I like the ergonomics, the Gen 4 type mag release on the Micro Dagger, trigger guard under cut, and the rail (I'll probably be throwing a TLR7A or TLR7Sub on it at some point) - I will also say that the addition of a Hogue Handall for the G43X really transformed the ergos from OK to Very Good, and the grip is still thinner than a Glock 17 / 19's.

I'm already thinking of aftermarket triggers for mine - but it requires replacing the PSA trigger housing with a Glock factory unit, which many people have done. This opens up trigger options like Apex etc. I guess the Apex trigger in my G34 has me spoiled, and the factory trigger shoe on the Micro Dagger ain't great. its a hinged trigger like the old M&P / Sigma / FN FNS triggers.
    I got the C1 slide. It happened to be in stock when I ordered it so I didn't even try hard on that. I swapped out the trigger and housing pretty immediately for an Overwatch Precision one. Nothing fancy.. i just hated the hinged trigger. The Trigger housing that comes in it seems to be based on a Gen 3.. but I'm sure that was a patent-related work around for them. I hear PSA's restocking time is about 3pm CST so best time to check for slides is probably about then

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I got the C1 slide. It happened to be in stock when I ordered it so I didn't even try hard on that. I swapped out the trigger and housing pretty immediately for an Overwatch Precision one. Nothing fancy.. i just hated the hinged trigger. The Trigger housing that comes in it seems to be based on a Gen 3.. but I'm sure that was a patent-related work around for them. I hear PSA's restocking time is about 3pm CST so best time to check for slides is probably about then

How do you like how that combo shoots? Overwatch Precision is one of the triggers I keep seeing positive reviews on - I have not personally tried any, but I know in their larger guns, OP triggers are authorized by some LE agencies like Apex stuff is.

olddirtygerm

Awesome
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2018
    Fort Worth
    How do you like how that combo shoots? Overwatch Precision is one of the triggers I keep seeing positive reviews on - I have not personally tried any, but I know in their larger guns, OP triggers are authorized by some LE agencies like Apex stuff is.
    So far so good. I only have a few hundred rounds through it at this point. I like the trigger though. Need some more rounds through it before I consider carrying it. PSA isn't known for their quality control so I need to give it more time to fail

MrGreen85

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2020
    Houston, TX
    I recently bought a Dagger Fullsize frame and assembled slide from PSA.
    I still need to drop the apex trigger and cylee RDS i bought for it.
    Not a Micro but i sure am interested in seeing one in the wild before pulling the trigger on one.
    Really like the grip angle of the PSA frame.

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I'm about ready to sell my damned Dagger Micro frame - the C1 slides have not come in stock, nor have I even seen the damn pistols themselves come in stock (C1 version, not the standard) since I bought my damn frame. Rub salt in the wound, a couple weeks after I bought my frame only - they were selling the frame + 3 slick finish mags for what I paid for my damn frame.

When I price out other options - buy a slide elsewhere - I'm just as well off just buying a complete gun. Even getting a vanilla 48 or 43X slide and milling it for a dot - still may as well just buy a complete gun.

I don't think I'll be buying anymore incomplete firearms from PSA, except maybe AR lowers. The Dagger Micro may be a hell of a gun, but I wouldn't know, as I can't get the slide I want.

olddirtygerm

Awesome
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2018
    Fort Worth
    I bought a 48 MOS with some Cabelas points now my Micro Dagger C-1 is sitting in the safe. I should compare the two and see which I like better but so far I've been too busy to bother.

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    I'm about ready to sell my damned Dagger Micro frame - the C1 slides have not come in stock, nor have I even seen the damn pistols themselves come in stock (C1 version, not the standard) since I bought my damn frame. Rub salt in the wound, a couple weeks after I bought my frame only - they were selling the frame + 3 slick finish mags for what I paid for my damn frame.

When I price out other options - buy a slide elsewhere - I'm just as well off just buying a complete gun. Even getting a vanilla 48 or 43X slide and milling it for a dot - still may as well just buy a complete gun.

I don't think I'll be buying anymore incomplete firearms from PSA, except maybe AR lowers. The Dagger Micro may be a hell of a gun, but I wouldn't know, as I can't get the slide I want.
    will this work? I'm not familiar with the models.

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    will this work? I'm not familiar with the models.

I've looked at similar - actually have a spread sheet I started to track various "build" options - that's why I said that I'd be financially better off just buying a whole different gun. That slide, for $280 + tax still needs an upper parts kit ($20) and a barrel (minimum of $100 from what I've found) + recoil spring assembly ($20) - so now we're at $420 + tax just for a slide. A used Glock 19 at BTO costs less, and a brand new non-optic ready G48 is under $500.

olddirtygerm

Awesome
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2018
    Fort Worth
    PSA slides are really the best deals. You just have to stalk their site for them to add more. You could ask over at the PSA reddit group. Think they get tons of people complaining they never have C-1 slides. Matt-psa is pretty responsive there

oscars774

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2018
    Tinicum Township
    I picked one up with the ported slide. Had the first recoil spring fall apart which I see other cases off. Replaced that with a Glock one and haven't had other issues. It's pretty reliable now but if anything else breaks I will continue to put Golock parts in it

Which Glock spring did you use for the dagger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Top Bottom