• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Ok, I had time to burn, I watched the whole thing. Now I'm convinced we made a mistake by going to gel packs thinking they were cheaper / better. If we can use less soap and get a better wash, even better. Might even look at going back to powdered laundry soap. My wife loves the pod soap there - but she'll throw 2 or 3 frickin pods in with a towel load, I don't get it. That stuff is more concentrated than powder, and we have a "high efficiency" machine so you're not supposed to use a lot of soap anyway.
    Plumber I know said that powder laundry soap will clog pipe quicker the liquid, same thing with dish washers. I prefer to call them dish dryer as I have always preached before loading. I do remember as an apprentice meat cutter wear my Chuck Taylor All Stars at work they would get really funky from the blood. I alway washed them in the dish washer of the apartment I lived in, with very good results.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Another pet peeve of mine. The wife will have umpteen empty shampoo and conditioner bottles in the shower, along with, ( and I counted them!) 23 razors! Yes, 23 razors!
    Old house had one bath. Wife shit everywhere. New house we each have our own or at least we did. Wife bath room in the master bedroom has a tub with shower. My/guess bath just a bigger walking shower.

When she got out of the hospital I had to help her shower so we did it in mineI even bought a old folks shower seat. Today I noticed more of the wife's shit in my shower, and more hair in the drain. I might just have a walk in shower/tub put in. I grew up in a hose with just the tub no shower. I grew to liking soaking in the hot tube with a Big Gulf Crown & Coke.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    We use the Cascade Platinum pods and Jet Dry for the dishwasher. Works well. We'll "clean" the dishwasher with Dishwasher Magic or Affresh once a year. No problems.

HE washers are generally crap. I'll take an old school agitator any day. My wife insisted on the Tide Pods in our HE and even with the extra rinse setting it would leave soap residue on the clothes. We have since gone back to liquid detergent.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    With just me and the wife, we have very few dishes, pots/pans and eating utensils to wash. which we do in the sink by hand. We use the dish washer once a month, just because. We also use paper plates and plastic utensils a lot which are tossed after our meals.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    With just me and the wife, we have very few dishes, pots/pans and eating utensils to wash. which we do in the sink by hand. We use the dish washer once a month, just because. We also use paper plates and plastic utensils a lot which are tossed after our meals.
    My in-laws also like using paper plates and plastic utensils.

It drives me crazy that they wash plastic cups and utensils …at least they don’t try to wash paper plates.

Last edited:

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Ok @pronstar, it's been a while with no updates. What's the latest at "Casa de loco"

So this is fun...

We “cut the cord” a while back, but the in-laws are technology black holes, and can’t figure out how to use the Roku (or any other) app.

CB3188EB-05B3-4623-A8F3-619C22E23343.png

But they’re fine with a physical remote…whatevs, I get it.

So I got Spectrum cable so they could watch TV with a remote. Told them the cost, they’d have to pay because Mrs Pronstar and I ain’t watching commercial TV.

We’ve had cable since March.
    And now they want to split the bill with me LOL

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    So this is fun...

We “cut the cord” a while back, but the in-laws are technology black holes, and can’t figure out how to use the Roku (or any other) app.

View attachment 343746

But they’re fine with a physical remote…whatevs, I get it.

So I got Spectrum cable so they could watch TV with a remote. Told them the cost, they’d have to pay because Mrs Pronstar and I ain’t watching commercial TV.

We’ve had cable since March.
    And now they want to split the bill with me LOL
    I like having the Roku remote app on my phone. Comes in handy around our house. The puppies like chewing up the remotes!

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    We are the IT department for the in-laws.
    Often, their phone mysteriously stop working correctly.

9 times out of 10, there’s some setting that you have to drill deep into to even find. It’ll be changed, and it’s a total mystery to them “who could have taken their phone and changed those settings” LOL

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX

9 times out of 10, there’s some setting that you have to drill deep into to even find. It’ll be changed, and it’s a total mystery to them “who could have taken their phone and changed those settings” LOL

My wife is just like that. I call her the Technology Anti-Christ.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

I feel your pain. Have you considered setting the option to have their phone talk to them? :what:

My MIL refuses to learn how to use a smart phone. She likes her flip phone, to the point she paid more for one than a basic smart one would cost her. She's constantly asking my wife to make Amazon orders for her. When she got her phone someone may have activated the setting to assist the blind, so the phone talks. With *every*single*action. "Screen on" "Screen off" "Feature launcher" It reads her text messages to her. It reads every button pushed, tells her when she's missed a call.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I feel your pain. Have you considered setting the option to have their phone talk to them? :what:

My MIL refuses to learn how to use a smart phone. She likes her flip phone, to the point she paid more for one than a basic smart one would cost her. She's constantly asking my wife to make Amazon orders for her. When she got her phone someone may have activated the setting to assist the blind, so the phone talks. With *every*single*action. "Screen on" "Screen off" "Feature launcher" It reads her text messages to her. It reads every button pushed, tells her when she's missed a call.
    That would drive me insane…they’d end up arguing with the phone LOL

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    We use our dishwasher for Thanksgiving other than that by hand. Of course it's just two of us except for Thanksgiving.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015

My wife is the same. Every time she messes it up she says she needs a new phone this one doesn't work right. I fix it and move on. Last time was my laptop. She couldn't get the number pad to work. I told her to push the Num Lock button and good to go again. Yet she insists she is computer literate.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    My wife is the same. Every time she messes it up she says she needs a new phone this one doesn't work right. I fix it and move on. Last time was my laptop. She couldn't get the number pad to work. I told her to push the Num Lock button and good to go again. Yet she insists she is computer literate.
    Wait, you're married to my wife too???

Top Bottom