• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    The look on Mrs.Pronstar’s face as she watches her mom wash paper plates and plastic forks before throwing them in the trash…

50156AD6-7D74-482D-BC7F-5CC5D2A219BC.jpeg

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Don't you want to know where dinner is???

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    That’s would be a negative…even Mrs. Pronstar only rarely eats what MIL/FIL put together.

Mrs. Pronstar confided in me a few months back, “my mom has always been a terrible cook”…which was great because I had been faking “oh this is good!”

MIL does have grandma’s recipe (from her mom) for salsa and it’s amazing…everything else is a pile of salt with some food added for texture

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    That’s would be a negative…even Mrs. Pronstar only rarely eats what MIL/FIL put together.

Mrs. Pronstar confided in me a few months back, “my mom has always been a terrible cook”…which was great because I had been faking “oh this is good!”

MIL does have grandma’s recipe (from her mom) for salsa and it’s amazing…everything else is a pile of salt with some food added for texture
    With that salt intake, the thread title may soon be changed to : Pronstar’s “living with the in-laws urns on the mantle” adventures .

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    My MIL learned from the same cook book. Her recipe was start with anything and add salt.

I was watching FIL make burgers the other day.

He was adding salt and it looked like too much accidentally poured out of the shaker, there was a literal mound of salt in the patty.

Then I watched him repeat the process in the rest of the patties.

Between that, and watching MIL have hot chocolate and apple pie for breakfast, it’s no wonder their health ain’t that great despite our best efforts.

My wife is constantly on them for their eating habits, her mom literally is a bladder-cancer survivor who had to have her bladder removed, but it never changes.

They like what they like I suppose.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I had a German neighbor who was a terrific cook . Her husband was so used to her good cooking that when she used salt instead of sugar in an apple pie, he asked for seconds before she found out what she had done. It was the best looking apple pie I ever saw. Beautiful deep golden flaky crust, the enticing aroma of cinnamon and nutmeg over powered by a cup of salt.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom