• ...and so much more!
  • Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Hmmm, let me check my understanding, a man exercising his First Amendment right by peacefully protesting something he believes in, doesn't matter what it is.
    A second man, not involved, on the other side of the road sprints across traffic and attacks the man exercising his right to peacefully protest.
    The recommendation here is to not participate? He should not exercise his right to protest peacefully because someone might be nuts and attack him?
    Forgive my French but that's bullshit.
    It doesn't matter what he's protesting, even if you think it's stupid or offensive. Placing blame, even partially, on a man for exercising his right then defending himself from an unprovoked attack is tacitly supporting the "punishment by process" and should be abhorrent to all Americans.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    He did not choose to put himself in a position to defend himself, someone else did. He just stood up IN PUBLIC for what he thought was right. Something he has a right to do,. Both sides do. PEACEABLY. Not by use of force.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    :facepalm:

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    ?

Im not arguing the fact that he had every right to do what he was doing. I think the reason he was protesting is stupid

You keep missing my point. I already agreed he has a right to protest and a right to defend himself. I have no tears for a dead leftist and I have no sympathy for some guy protesting on behalf of a country who does not care that he is going to be in prison for life in some shithole blue state now. Total waste of the rest of his life and like I said if he is so gung ho for israel, he should move over there and fight hamas

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    You are taking it as I am supporting the guy who got shot which I am not. I think in Texas the shooter would have been no-billed and justifiably so. You shouldn’t be able to spear someone on to the ground just because they like a different sports team or in this case a different set of bloodthirsty homicidal maniacs and not expect to get a lethal dose of lead.

I am once again stating that supporting someone elses country to the point of going to prison for life is a stupid choice. Why even put yourself in that position? If I cared so much for either side I would renounce my citizenship and go over there to join the fight.
    In your opinion, who are the bloodthirsty homicidal maniacs? Knowing that Americans are being held as hostages (if they are still alive), would you not protest to see them freed?

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Not about dying for someone else's country. It's about ours.
    The far left and far right have always somewhat tried to bully everyone into thinking like them. But for the last 10-15 years, the far left has been more and more openly violent in their bullying while calling it free speech.

Personally, I don't like bullies. Of any persuasion. And I won't be bullied. Not by the school bully that wants my lunch. Or the progressive that wants me silent so they can pretend they are right.

Your choices are up to you. But don't be surprised when that bully comes back and wants more control of your life.

DITTO!

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    You are taking it as I am supporting the guy who got shot which I am not. I think in Texas the shooter would have been no-billed and justifiably so. You shouldn’t be able to spear someone on to the ground just because they like a different sports team or in this case a different set of bloodthirsty homicidal maniacs and not expect to get a lethal dose of lead.

I am once again stating that supporting someone elses country to the point of going to prison for life is a stupid choice. Why even put yourself in that position? If I cared so much for either side I would renounce my citizenship and go over there to join the fight.
    "What if"

Totally hypothetical here but:

Guy is just walking down the street wearing a Star of David shirt in support of Isreal... what if he is attacked for that? Should he not wear a shirt (speech) in support of someone else's freedom?

What if it was a Rhodesian shirt (like I am wearing now) and a domestic terr tries to slot me for it? Should I not wear a shirt which stands un opposition to communism?

Should I not worry about what happens in Florida or Wyoming? Should I be rebuked for wearing a shirt supporting another state or nation's values when they align with mine and the values or nation was founded on?

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    its hard to decide between the jihadists killing hostages and israel bombing houses and civilians
    That's what I thought you would say. There has always been a hint in your religious convictions in other posts too. I know, some of your best friends are Jewish. I doubt that.

• Haha
    Reactions: MTA

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    That's what I thought you would say. There has always been a hint in your religious convictions in other posts too. I know, some of your best friends are Jewish. I doubt that.
    Lol ok pal. Acknowledging the war crimes committed on both sides makes me a nazi. Got it. So are dead children only ok when they are muslim?

Its as simple as stop spending my tax dollars on foreign shitholes when the roads near me are barely drivable

Last edited:

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    So,,,only do the right thing or stand up for your rights when you can do it in secret so nobody knows?
    Don't do anything someone may take offense at?
    Don't go anywhere there may be a confrontation at? Or an imprompto demonstration? So your saying stay home and do nothing?
    Congrats, the bully wins.

I didn't read any of that into any of his posts; given your antipathy for bullying I'm surprised you'd use a shaming tactic to do just that. And not just you.

We pick our own battles, the methods and the timing.

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    Lol ok pal. Acknowledging the war crimes committed on both sides makes me a nazi. Got it. So are dead children only ok when they are muslim?

Its as simple as stop spending my tax dollars on foreign shitholes when the roads near me are barely drivable
    There are several allies we have in the middle east (Israel, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and maybe others) and only one of them is trust able. We have plenty of enemies and you know the one that shouts death to America all the time and almost has nuclear weapons. The only country in that region that will be of value in preventing Iran from using nuclear weapons is Israel so supporting a country that helps prevent nukes being used on your pot holed roads is what we need to do. Dead children are not okay and killing and raping innocents are not either. Putin, Hamas, Houthies, Syrians, Congo and on and on. Iran I worry about.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I didn't read any of that into any of his posts; given your antipathy for bullying I'm surprised you'd use a shaming tactic to do just that. And not just you.

We pick our own battles, the methods and the timing.
    Not try to shame anyone or trying to bully or control anyone.
    Shame is a word that people use when they want to contol what you think, feel or do. It's trictly a passive bulling tactic used while letting the user look more sactimonious. I have more than enough trouble trying to control myself let alone others.

What I am trying to figure out is this;
    Regardless of which side you are on of what argument, or just flat don't give a shit who is right or wrong, how much is the correct amount of capitulation is correct before we are allowed to speak against those that would use violence to suppress our voice.
    Attacking someone to silence them because they have an opinion in public is bullying. Plain and simple. Location and Laws are irrelevant.

The whole "He was stupid fore being there and voicing an opinion in public." thing, or "I would have stayed home and kept my mouth shut." Is exactly what the bully wants you to do. You can have your 1st Amendment Right, just don't try to use or you will be attacked and can't defend yourself.
    And the bully wins.

So,,, what is the the point that the first grader gets to stand up and say "no, you don't get my lunch money"?
    Or the point WE say " NO, you don't control what I think or say, when I do or where I do"?
    Just how far do we appease the fringes before we are not giving up our right to free speech and thought?
    Whether far left or far right. Or just a schoolyard bully, when you appease them, they always want even more.

If demanding that my rights to free speech, or yours and others for that matter, is bullying or shaming, well I guess I will have to live with that.
    So,,, anyone that disagrees, you do you, I'll do me. I can live with myself.

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    Not try to shame anyone or trying to bully or control anyone.
    Shame is a word that people use when they want to contol what you think, feel or do. It's trictly a passive bulling tactic used while letting the user look more sactimonious. I have more than enough trouble trying to control myself let alone others.

What I am trying to figure out is this;
    Regardless of which side you are on of what argument, or just flat don't give a shit who is right or wrong, how much is the correct amount of capitulation is correct before we are allowed to speak against those that would use violence to suppress our voice.
    Attacking someone to silence them because they have an opinion in public is bullying. Plain and simple. Location and Laws are irrelevant.

The whole "He was stupid fore being there and voicing an oaquariumpinion in public." thing, or "I would have stayed home and kept my mouth shut." Is exactly what the bully wants you to do. You can have your 1st Amendment Right, just don't try to use or you will be attacked and can't defend yourself.
    And the bully wins.

So,,, what is the the point that the first grader gets to stand up and say "no, you don't get my lunch money"?
    Or the point WE say " NO, you don't control what I think or say, when I do or where I do"?
    Just how far do we appease the fringes before we are not giving up our right to free speech and thought?
    Whether far left or far right. Or just a schoolyard bully, when you appease them, they always want even more.

If demanding that my rights to free speech, or yours and others for that matter, is bullying or shaming, well I guess I will have to live with that.
    So,,, anyone that disagrees, you do you, I'll do me. I can live with myself.

In the whole, we're in agreement.

Where we may disagree is, for me, each person is entitled to their own opinion and choices as to how to interact with the world. My pushing someone to "Stand up, dammit!" is no different than the "Sit down and Shut up!" bully.

I tend to leave others alone, we each have our own way.

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    In the whole, we're in agreement.

Where we may disagree is, for me, each person is entitled to their own opinion and choices as to how to interact with the world. My pushing someone to "Stand up, dammit!" is no different than the "Sit down and Shut up!" bully.

I tend to leave others alone, we each have our own way.
    That's just it. I am not pushing anyone to stand up and speak up. Just not to let the bullies and terrorist on the fringes of either side push down and make you give up and shut up.
    When you don't speak up because you fear the consequences of doing so, THEY have won. And YOU no longer have free speech or a 1St Ammendment. They do, you don't.

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    That's just it. I am not pushing anyone to stand up and speak up. Just not to let the bullies and terrorist on the fringes of either side push down and make you give up and shut up.

Ya mean kinda like when Mohawk gave up and shut up just now?

When you don't speak up because you fear the consequences of doing so, THEY have won. And YOU no longer have free speech or a 1St Ammendment. They do, you don't.

Top Bottom