• jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Not at all.

Mohawk, and anyone else here, are free to have an opinion. But so far, all most have dine is point out how the guy was stupid, should not have been there, or should not have defended himself or was stupid for doing it. I'm not sure. And talk about how keeping you opinions to yourself, exercising free speech only by voting (how's that been working out the last 5-8 years?) In secret so you don't offend anyone or provoke attack......
    And then turn around and talk about " I am not giving up my rights". Bullshit yes you are.
    And when someone says they are, they pull one of the left's favorite gambits, " you are being mean to me you bully" instead of explaining how they are not.

I am not a mean person. Although I can be. But I try very hard not to be. I have only been close to mean or bullying to one person I believe, maybe two. But that was before you joined IIRC. He was being openly stupid, calling me a liar and saying I posted things I had not. Even posted his posts to prove it.

As far as this thread, some have posted that what they would have done, what they will or will not do or what others should do is not giving up the Right to Free Speech. Yes it is. Keeping your mouth shut because someone said "you can't say that or I will attack you" is exactly that. Surrendering your right to say because of fear.

If they shut up or give up because their feelings are hurt or they have no logical argument to support their position, that is on them, not me being a bully. Not going to feel about it. If they can't logically argue a position without getting thei feelings hurt, maybe they should hide and keep quiet.

When I first joined this forum, I had ideas and sometimes posted my opinion. And promptly had several members join in and offer a deffiering opinion. And sometimes, it got a little heated. But some of my ideas, well, I figured out I wasn't as smart as I thought was. Probably still ain't. Some things, others changed their viewpoint. Or even, God forbid, we both did.

I am the one argueing for them to speak up, not shut up and stay quiet. They are not being bullied to shut, offer a logical arguement, I'll listen. But I will state my side too. That is not being a bully.
    Stay quiet and don't possibly offend,,,,,that is their arguement, and their choice. Not mine.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    Gotta vouch for JR he’s one of the nicest guys I’ve met at the meets many many moons ago, far from a bully. I do see both sides of the debate here though.
    Oops. Your defending him told me I needed to reread the posts. I'm grateful for Jimmy's friendship and kindness.

Your post also reminded me of my tendency to jump in if/when I think someone else is being attacked... most times it does them no favor, or anyone else for that matter. My post to Jimmy sure proved that.

Thanks, Jakashh.
    Sorry, Jimmy.

@jrbfishn

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Oops. Your defending him told me I needed to reread the posts. I'm grateful for Jimmy's friendship and kindness.

Your post also reminded me of my tendency to jump in if/when I think someone else is being attacked... most times it does them no favor, or anyone else for that matter. My post to Jimmy sure proved that.

Thanks, Jakashh.
    Sorry, Jimmy.

@jrbfishn
    We're good.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Good people have been silent for a long time in this country. Which is part of why we are in such a mess.

Why? "Doesn't affect me right here and right now." "Don't have time, too busy." "It will pass."

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Good people have been silent for a long time in this country. Which is part of why we are in such a mess.

Why? "Doesn't affect me right here and right now." "Don't have time, too busy." "It will pass."

Or my favorite, "It's someone else's problem", which never, ever leads to bad consequences (and a higher body count) later when it undeniably becomes our problem.

Top Bottom