• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alias

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    spicewood, tx.
    I just bought a 22 pistol 2 days ago. I showed my CHL and he showed me his FBI identification. We both felt good about the deal. No BOS needed. Some of my best buys have been from LE.
    Well you don't have anything to wipe your ass with.

I was across from a plainsclothe LE at a gas pump. While we were filling out tanks we got to talking about 1911's as that was what he was carrying. He said he was looking for a 5" Kimber. I told him I had one I wanted to sell. We exchanged cards and a week later he called me. We met at the same gas station and the deal was made. I also typed up a BOS that he signed and I provided one for him I signed.

There wasn't any surprise, scoffing or pontificating about it not being needed.
    Capitol Armory ad

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Well you don't have anything to wipe your ass with.

I was across from a plainsclothe LE at a gas pump. While we were filling out tanks we got to talking about 1911's as that was what he was carrying. He said he was looking for a 5" Kimber. I told him I had one I wanted to sell. We exchanged cards and a week later he called me. We met at the same gas station and the deal was made. I also typed up a BOS that he signed and I provided one for him I signed.

There wasn't any surprise, scoffing or pontificating about it not being needed.

2 Fudds jerking each other off proves nothing

alias

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    spicewood, tx.
    2 Fudds jerking each other off proves nothing

Back in the mid 90's I shot one of the first Kimbers, serial no. 0002, before they went to market. Before that, I also shot and was there when the prototype of whats now STI's dbl stack polymer was torture tested before it was unveiled at the '93 Shot Show.

Fudds? LOL. **** you ass hole. The gun industry drew you 'know it all' expert like flies to shit back then and you're obviously one of the current hatch.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Back in the mid 90's I shot one of the first Kimbers, serial no. 0002, before they went to market. Before that, I also shot and was there when the prototype of whats now STI's dbl stack polymer was torture tested before it was unveiled at the '93 Shot Show.

Fudds? LOL. **** you ass hole. The gun industry drew you 'know it all' expert like flies to shit back then and you're obviously one of the current hatch.
    you gots a potty mouth

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX

You were going to make a point but alas, you didn't.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin

Hey, we can still be friends. I don't judge. Please search the forum like I suggested yesterday.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Yeah but do you honestly think there's a chance in hell we would get any of these items on your wishlist?
    No. But the meta point is that the pro-2A side needs to start negotiating with a bit more savvy.

It's counterproductive to be purely contrarian. We should be showing up to the table with proposals that let the other side save face, don't really hurt us, and gain us something. Instead, we seem to be reacting to an endless procession of single-purpose anti-gun proposals.

We should be trying to get ahead of the game. Right now, we aren't, at least afaik.

If anyone on the national stage is working that way, someone please point them out to me.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    No. But the meta point is that the pro-2A side needs to start negotiating with a bit more savvy.

It's counterproductive to be purely contrarian. We should be showing up to the table with proposals that let the other side save face, don't really hurt us, and gain us something. Instead, we seem to be reacting to an endless procession of single-purpose anti-gun proposals.

We should be trying to get ahead of the game. Right now, we aren't, at least afaik.

If anyone on the national stage is working that way, someone please point them out to me.

Last time that was tried was the Firearms Owners Protection Act, where they slipped in the Hughes Amendment at the last second.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Last time that was tried was the Firearms Owners Protection Act, where they slipped in the Hughes Amendment at the last second.
    Everyone should always expect a poison pill to be thrown into any legislation. To the antis, we're the bad guys who poisoned the Assault Weapons Ban with a sunset provision.

FOPA got pissed on, I grant you that. But that doesn't mean we should pull our heads back into our shells and just reflexively scream "Not Another Inch!" every time anyone says something we don't like.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Since he couldn't legally buy a gun he either, bought/given it from an individual, made it, or stole it. 2 of the 3 the left's UBC wouldn't have stopped.

UBC wouldn’t stop a private sale either. I’ve heard rumors that there may be a healthy black market for firearms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Everyone should always expect a poison pill to be thrown into any legislation. To the antis, we're the bad guys who poisoned the Assault Weapons Ban with a sunset provision.

FOPA got pissed on, I grant you that. But that doesn't mean we should pull our heads back into our shells and just reflexively scream "Not Another Inch!" every time anyone says something we don't like.

"Not another inch" means if you want it, you'll have to fight me every inch along the way, I won't be suckered in by sweet talk of reasonable compromise so I can go and compromise again and again.

Top Bottom