• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GeorgeandSugar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2017
    Como
    This just adds fuel to the fire on Universal Background Checks. I don’t know about you all, but for my peace of mind; I would not sell any firearm to anyone I did not know personally and who did not already have firearms in their inventory. The cost to have a background check performed is worth it to me. Boy, what a mess! Makes me wonder if this individual (seller) has a civil lawsuit in the future?

https://www.nationalreview.com/news...ough Friday 2019-09-03&utm_term=NRDaily-Smart

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Military Camp

Last edited:

31STMEUSOC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2019
    PA
    So have they figured out why a simple car stop by a cop turned full stupid? Ok just read the article this sucks I dont do face to face anymore because I had a scary event so I dont do it I am not saying you cant I just believe its safe to meet at a gunstore.

Last edited:

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Every car stop is dangerous. Police officers never know what they might find when stopping someone for any reason.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Since when did private sales become illegal in the state of Texas?

Also seems presumptuous to declare the POS murderer obtained the firearm through a private sale. Could have stolen it. Could have purchased a stolen firearm that’s been washed a couple of times.

Unless of course there’s a bill of sale provided by the seller. Even then, it’s not illegal to sell a firearm to a prohibited person in Texas; it’s illegal for the prohibited person to possess it.

The only exception I’m aware of is if the seller is aware of the purchaser/transferee’s status as a prohibited person.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    All could have been avoided if after failing NICS he was charged for lying on 4473.

Lying on 4473 - the original Red Flag of trouble ahead.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    All could have been avoided if after failing NICS he was charged for lying on 4473.

Lying on 4473 - the original Red Flag of trouble ahead.

Has it been established he lied? Could have checked ‘yes’ and been turned away.

The only way any of this could have been avoided is if the POS was aborted or executed upon the adjudication.

WAYnorthTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2019
    Way Up North
    If I buy a crowbar at home depot and beat 12 people to death, should home depot be liable to civil suit?
    Who has the deepest pockets- the home depot company, the crowbar manufacturer, the company who manufactured the paint it was painted with, the company who made the bag that home depot put it in after you bought it, or the company that made the cash register they rang it up on. Then there is the manufacturer of your car or truck you transported it home with, and...
    WHAT THE HELL- JUST SUE THEM ALL !

alias

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    spicewood, tx.
    I sold a NIB S&W Shield to one of my best friends awhile back. I still typed up a bill of sale that he signed and I tossed it in the safe. It makes everything official, everyone feels better and it's just good policy.

Top Bottom