9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    However the misdemeanor charges are not NICS disqualifiers. Something is fishy

Criminal Trespass and evading arrest, supposedly

Attachments

• seth-ator-2001-case.jpg
      seth-ator-2001-case.jpg
      47.8 KB · Views: 251

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    According to DPS records, Seth Ator, 36, previously pled guilty to two Class B misdemeanors, which blocked him from buying a gun.

"The background check was run through the national system, the NICS system. The NICS system did work when he tried to buy a gun, he was denied a gun," said John Wester, an agent with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.

https://ktvl.com/news/nation-world/texas-shooting-rampage-raises-questions-about-private-gun-sales
    In the link you posted, I found this:
    BREAKING: The Odessa gunman reportedly would not have passed a background check, so he obtained his weapon through a private sale where a background check wasn't required.

So they’re assuming he bought it through a private sale? They don’t have proof?

nlghthawk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    San Antonio
    Felons can't buy a gun or be in possession of a gun. Why is it the sellers responsibility to know the legal status of a prohibited person? You either have rights or you have permissions. Obviously these laws don't work and universal background checks are a back door to registration and confiscation. Get involved politically and stop looking to blame someone for doing something that is perfectly legal and within a persons right to do.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    In the link you posted, I found this:
    BREAKING: The Odessa gunman reportedly would not have passed a background check, so he obtained his weapon through a private sale where a background check wasn't required.

So they’re assuming he bought it through a private sale? They don’t have proof?

I wouldnt trust anything they say. Class B misd convictions do not cause a person to fail a NICS check. They are lying.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    I sold a NIB S&W Shield to one of my best friends awhile back. I still typed up a bill of sale that he signed and I tossed it in the safe. It makes everything official, everyone feels better and it's just good policy.
    A notary was there to witness and sign for the sale as well?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I am still waiting for that one case when a BOS helped someone. We have seen several cases where the BOS has hurt the seller.

But if you want to know the facts search it out its been beat to death.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I’m going to go out on a limb here and do some speculating.

There will never be verifiable proof how the POS murderer who is reported to be a prohibited person came to possess the firearm.

The media narrative will be private sale to influence support for federal UBC legislation.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I’m going to go out on a limb here and do some speculating.

There will never be verifiable proof how the POS murderer who is reported to be a prohibited person came to possess the firearm.

The media narrative will be private sale to influence support for federal UBC legislation.

Yep, I was thinking the same damn thing.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Top Bottom