• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Academy came through today. About $30 more than I paid for my last brick of LR primers but that was some time ago. I had ordered 3k but since I was already in the store I picked up another thousand. These were a big pill to swallow but at least I can stop hunting around and do some proper load development now without constantly changing primer brands. I would have preferred CCI but these will get the job done.

Attachments

• IMG_20240826_161838004.jpg
      IMG_20240826_161838004.jpg
      228 KB · Views: 34

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Higher priced than my recent purchase of the WIN LR from academy, but available, I went down the rabbit hole on the White River Energetics stuff that popped up a while back. The general consensus was they're pretty damn good. Mostly outperforming even some BR primers in consistency. At 109.99/K (LR) at powder valley, I'm sure no one here is getting a hard on but match performance under current BR primers pricing is worth considering if you're in that bracket of consumers.

Arkansas based, they have focused heavily on the export markets like New Zealand which evidently pays about 1.5-2x $ for primers as a standard price(250 NZD). Which does explain why they're not in the local box stores yet. Anyhow, I'm still not ready to bite but I hope someone here does so I can live vicariously.

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    TargetSportsUSA.COM has CCI 500 small pistol for $70 + the usual shipping and hazmat. Not the deal of the century but cheaper than they have been. Seems like prices are slowly drifting lower. Availability has improved greatly.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Academy in Killeen had pretty much every type primer in stock. Usual prices but a few different LRPs which have been hard to come by.

They also had powders. H4350 for only $78/ pound......

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I had 1k Sr magtechs a decade ago and sold during the primer panic a few years ago for $120. They looked quality, no loose anvils in the sleeve I inspected, primer compound looked even and the backs were embossed with an M almost like the bench rest primers by some manufacturers.

Coon

Changing from glory to glory
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Montgomery
    I had 1k Sr magtechs a decade ago and sold during the primer panic a few years ago for $120. They looked quality, no loose anvils in the sleeve I inspected, primer compound looked even and the backs were embossed with an M almost like the bench rest primers by some manufacturers.
    Thanks. I know their ammo always goes bang.

Coon

Changing from glory to glory
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Montgomery
    Academy in Conroe has, or had, winchester large rifle and cci mag large rifle primers in stock.

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    Powder Valley just sent out a "nothing but primers" flyer. Winchester SP at $69.99. They've been there a couple of times before. I bought some at that price. I'll wait and see if they go lower.

Sidebar: they also have a pretty good deal on Blue Bullets .38 158gr coated SWC at $76.49 for 925. That's $82.69 / 1,000. SNS is like $98 on those and Acme is like $103, Missouri $102. They have some other calibers too. I've never used their bullets but I'm sure they're fine.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Looks like some of these retailers are finally coming down on primer prices. Seen several places offering decent (compared to what they’ve been selling for!) prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom