• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    ...I was curious to know if anyone out there in TGT land has ever had a defect ? Also wondering what brand/type tops your list and why?

Only real defect of note (other than a couple issues over the years related to tolerance stacking) was a .308 BCG purchased around 2013 timeframe....

Bolt was out of spec, and with replacements nearly impossible to come by at that time (and completely unresponsive Mfg), solution was to chuck up the bolt and cut approximately .002 from the rear of the lugs. Worked fine after that, until eventually replacing with a JP FMOS.

Who’s the best in BCG’s?
    IMHO, that would be JPE

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I have used

Colt
    BCM
    Brownells
    EXPO arms

No complaints. I prefer USGI style BCG's, and as long as the gas key is properly torqued, sealed and staked, and doesn't use YFS screws i can deal with it.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Colt
    BCM
    Brownells
    EXPO arms

No complaints. I prefer USGI style BCG's, and as long as the gas key is properly torqued, sealed and staked, and doesn't use YFS screws i can deal with it.
    This.

Colt,bcm, and stag for me. I’m a stag guy myself but each of these produce excellent parts.

Actually bcm is often underrated. They produce some nice stuff. The carry handle they produce is the best out of everyone.

But as far as complete bcg’s, I’ll buy stag until they give me a reason not to.

Top Bottom