• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Enigma57

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2020
    Dallas/ Fort Worth Area
    We need to fortify and/ build our schools like our airports in regard to security. The problem is that school systems have lost credibility with all the woke BS. So, some parents are not willing to not have instant access to their children during schooltime. It's a catch 22......

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    We need to fortify and/ build our schools like our airports in regard to security. The problem is that school systems have lost credibility with all the woke BS. So, some parents are not willing to not have instant access to their children during schooltime. It's a catch 22......
    Yep that needs to be done, but attn still has to be paid to these troubled people. Because this mass murder can take place outside of the school.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

We also need to pay more attention to people who act out and make multiple public statements about committing these crimes. Almost every damn time "he was on our radar" or "multiple threats were made on social media". And only rarely is a mass murder averted. If someone made those threats about murdering a politician, they'd be investigated until they walked funny. But a school? Nah. Just send a couple of patrolmen around to ask if it was him, and take the answer they get at face value. What's the worst that could happen?

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    We also need to pay more attention to people who act out and make multiple public statements about committing these crimes. Almost every damn time "he was on our radar" or "multiple threats were made on social media". And only rarely is a mass murder averted. If someone made those threats about murdering a politician, they'd be investigated until they walked funny. But a school? Nah. Just send a couple of patrolmen around to ask if it was him, and take the answer they get at face value. What's the worst that could happen?
    That's pretty much what happens over and over, it's just easier for them to let it happen and then cry it's the weapons fault.

Enigma57

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2020
    Dallas/ Fort Worth Area
    Agreed, it's a multi-faceted problem, but it seems that hardening the building and premises would be the first step. Yes, the social emotional health of our youth needs to be addressed. But if these distressed types of youth enter an ultra-secured premise, they can only do so much disruption before being removed from that general student population. Then they attend a segregated school facility that is just as hardened if not more for their and the staff's protection. If anyone has worked in a Texas correctional facility. They know exactly where I'm going with this. I'm reluctant to compare our public schools as being prisons, but that's exactly the control and security we need in our public-school systems today to stop this nonsense.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Agreed, it's a multi-faceted problem, but it seems that hardening the building and premises would be the first step. Yes, the social emotional health of our youth needs to be addressed. But if these distressed types of youth enter an ultra-secured premise, they can only do so much disruption before being removed from that general student population. Then they attend a segregated school facility that is just as hardened if not more for their and the staff's protection. If anyone has worked in a Texas correctional facility. They know exactly where I'm going with this. I'm reluctant to compare our public schools as being prisons, but that's exactly the control and security we need in our public-school systems today to stop this nonsense.

No, we don't need to send our kids to schools that are indistinguishable from prisons. Most schools currently have good security practices in place in theory, but too many on the staff either don't take them seriously or don't adhere to them. At some point it becomes security theater, no more effective than the TSA making everyone take their shoes off and pour out their drinks. Having SRO's on campus is a good thing, but having them get roped into day-to-day disciplinary issues is a mistake. They need to be there to provide campus security, not to break up a couple of kids holding hands or someone running in the hallways.

What needs to be done is that when these kids make terroristic threats, or fantasize online about shooting schools up, then they do need to be segregated out of the student body and at that point yes, frisk them and search their bags and pockets every morning as they go into their heavily monitored classes and give them no access to their cellphones or anyone outside until the school day is done. They have a "discipline campus" in the school district my kids go to and it seems to be effective for the problem students.

Exactly where you're going with your suggestions would be taking the kids' rights away wholesale, and I'm not ok with that.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Since I started this thread, I have noticed three other teens arrested in smaller TX towns for making online threats to schools. Seems like communities are demanding the LEO and court systems to be more proactive and set individual rights for screw ups behind the lives of students

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Since I started this thread, I have noticed three other teens arrested in smaller TX towns for making online threats to schools. Seems like communities are demanding the LEO and court systems to be more proactive and set individual rights for screw ups behind the lives of students

Up until it’s their kid who says something stupid and gets put on a list they never get off of.

There is a fine balance between proactive police work and what people call JBT work.

There is such a thing as kids just being stupid and we really can’t have LEO running around like headless chickens every time some Karen gets butthurt.

To me the failures we see generally start at the school district level. They flap their gums about safety, but when it comes down to it they do t walk the walk. Whether that’s rocks propping open doors or a hug a thug mentality, the buck stops there. My wife is a teacher and I see the lunacy routinely. Known violent kids are given excuse after excuse to continue their retarded behavior. More importantly done so without documentation so there are actual dots to connect if the situation begins to escalate. Total refusal to practice what little daily security measures are in place cause it slows things down. Although that’s gotten better lately.

There is a continuous stream of volunteers, PTA… folks streaming through the school. Folks that don’t need to be there, but who are constantly distracting office staff. Kids wandering the halls essentially aimlessly throughout the day, and I’m not talking classroom transitions here. How the hell do you even pretend that’s conducive to security.

Schools don’t need to be prisons like everyone beets about. And the whole social emotional BS can go take a flying f&@&) at a rolling donut. Their social and emotional development will be far better addressed by instilling discipline and self control in them.

There are many relatively easy things that can be done to make schools safer without making it feel like a prison. But no district wants to do it cause it’s easier to piss on the normal kids than piss off the screeching Karens or din-du-nuffin moms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ARMSAGORA
    Top Bottom