• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Polymer80

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I have machined several out.. I cannot wait for you guys to post your builds!

If you have ANY questions during your build.. call me 707-346-0075, I will be happy to help!

-Loran
    Hurley's Gold

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    After all of the waiting and anticipation it would seem someone would have posted what they had received and how the process was going.

I posted some pretty good pics of what I received. Gave some comments about a few things I disliked about it.

I didn't mention the ejection marks. I don't like those but I grew up in my dad's injection molding shop so I completely understand their necessity.

I've talked with Jim (jcrntx) about the marks and he thinks he can make them disappear then cerekote it. He tells me he's had great success with other polymer lowers and sent me pics to prove it.

I'm not sure if the Polymer80 will withstand the temp to cerekote it without going out of spec.

I've sent Polymer80 an email asking about that specifically and have yet to receive an answer from them.

As of right now it's a desk decoration with the potential to become a gun.

Last edited:

Polymer80

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I posted some pretty good pics of what I received. Gave some comments about a few things I disliked about it.

I didn't mention the ejection marks. I don't like those but I grew up in my dad's injection molding shop so I completely understand their necessity.

I've talked with Jim (jcrntx) about the marks and he thinks he can make them disappear then cerekote it. He tells me he's had great success with other polymer lowers and sent me pics to prove it.

I'm not sure if the Polymer80 will withstand the temp to cerekote it without going out of spec.

I've sent Polymer80 an email asking about that specifically and have yet to receive an answer from them.

Texar... sorry I did not get to your email. The ejection marks as you know, they HAVE to be there... if I had a magic wand they would be gone but there is nothing thst can be done.

The Cetakote doesn't hide them.. In fact we media blast each one which lessens their appearance and Cetakote brings them right back lol.

But the Cetakote still looks GREAT!

I bake them@200 degrees for 2 hours for the Cetakote and we are not even approaching what it can handle.

Hope this answers your questions.

Thanks!

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Texar... sorry I did not get to your email. The ejection marks as you know, they HAVE to be there... if I had a magic wand they would be gone but there is nothing thst can be done.

The Cetakote doesn't hide them.. In fact we media blast each one which lessens their appearance and Cetakote brings them right back lol.

But the Cetakote still looks GREAT!

I bake them@200 degrees for 2 hours for the Cetakote and we are not even approaching what it can handle.

Hope this answers your questions.

Thanks!

I want to be clear. I do like it a lot. I love the concept. Please don't anyone take my comments as being negative. I'm just providing feedback for you guys and which I'm sure Polymer80 appreciates.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

Sorry about that TXARGUY. What I meant is that I thought that upon receiving the piece that someone would have set out immediately milling it for use. Your pics are great and appreciated. Now get it milled and post pics! lol

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    So has anyone completed their lower yet? Still interested in hearing some reviews on these and if anyone wants an upper to test against, mine is still available for testing if you are going to an Austin area range.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom