Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    You and I both know that Gov Abbot has overstepped his authority, BUT- where's the successful challenge to that? Who has defeated him in court?

Right now we are in a "might makes right" scenario, so by default it's the law of tyrants, not the Constitution, and as evidenced by Texas Penal Code 46.02. they Texas Constitution and Bill of Rights aren't being defended, either.

Last I remember, Abbott stopped with the "mandatory" mask requirement, so why would anyone need to defeat him in court?

Again, where and when was law passed making it a requirement of mandatory wearing of a mask?

Seems like you want to make boastful statements, but won't even answer a simple and direct question.
    DK Firearms

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Last I remember, Abbott stopped with the "mandatory" mask requirement, so why would anyone need to defeat him in court?

Again, where and when was law passed making it a requirement of mandatory wearing of a mask?

Seems like you want to make boastful statements, but won't even answer a simple and direct question.
    Boastful? I was just stating the reality of the situation, not boasting about anything.

Again, the Governors orders are allegedly coming off of "law" found here:

...and in my case, that is used to empower Judge Jenkins of Dallas County to say he has the authority to do this:

So... the governor is claiming that "by law" he has the right to declare a disaster or state of emergency, and that "law" gives him and county judges broad powers to dictate stuff like masks.

That's materially very little different than people looking at Article 1, Section 23 of the Texas Constitution which in my understanding of the English Language ONLY give the legislature the right to tell me "how" I can wear a weapon...
    Sec. 23. RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS. Every citizen shall have the right to keep and bear arms in the lawful defense of himself or the State; but the Legislature shall have power, by law, to regulate the wearing of arms, with a view to prevent crime.

...and saying that they have the right to "prohibit" all kinds of things in Texas Penal Code 46.02

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    A few days ago, in another thread I asked if anyone knows where a mask that is advertised as being effective against viruses can be found. Since no one replied to that thread with a link to such a mask I thought that I would ask the question again here.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Boastful? I was just stating the reality of the situation, not boasting about anything.

Again, the Governors orders are allegedly coming off of "law" found here:

...and in my case, that is used to empower Judge Jenkins of Dallas County to say he has the authority to do this:

So... the governor is claiming that "by law" he has the right to declare a disaster or state of emergency, and that "law" gives him and county judges broad powers to dictate stuff like masks.

That's materially very little different than people looking at Article 1, Section 23 of the Texas Constitution which in my understanding of the English Language ONLY give the legislature the right to tell me "how" I can wear a weapon...

...and saying that they have the right to "prohibit" all kinds of things in Texas Penal Code 46.02

Umm...those powers, or authority are temporary, not permanent, and only exist while a a clear and present danger to health is present.

Again, not a law has been passed in Texas making the wearing of a mask mandatory.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Umm...those powers, or authority are temporary, not permanent, and only exist while a a clear and present danger to health is present.

Again, not a law has been passed in Texas making the wearing of a mask mandatory.
    Why are we arguing?

I said we both know that the Gov and local judges are abusing their authority, but that section - https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/GV/htm/GV.418.htm is the "law" that you are asking for that does in fact give them temporary powers or the "right" to make "orders" that have the "force of law" during emergencies, IF you buy that that section of code is Constitutional, (which, in the way our system works, is presumed unless it's struck down in court) then yes, there is "law" behind the orders. Of course, one can choose, as some of us did during the Open Carry efforts, to deliberately disobey such orders or laws and try to raise it to the courts to prove that such laws, codes, and orders were in violation of the Constitution.

Here's a legal look from the early days of the alleged "pandemic" from a lawyer on our side about the legal authority in this situation.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    LD,

Mask wearing is now equated as the 'courteous' thing to do ....omfg...while not wearing a mask is 'discourteous'. eh?..

Jesus wept!!

Where will the insanity of this bizarre crap end?

The msm will repeatedly tell the populace...anything...often enough and the public will chew their cud with bovine placidity meekly accepting and going along to get along as one of the stepford plague-ers thinks because to resist is futile, eh?

I think it's discourteous that people don't walk around without their fingers up their butts as the good doctor foochi insists, but (no pun intended) with plenty of lube of course.

Try it and you won't need vaccine because the finger/butt plug will keep the plague at bay rather like the little Dutch Boy.

Honest to pieces, try it!

Psssst, it's frankly discourteous if you don't...

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    LD,

Mask wearing is now equated as the 'courteous' thing to do ....omfg...while not wearing a mask is 'discourteous'. eh?..

Jesus wept!!

Where will the insanity of this bizarre crap end?

The msm will repeatedly tell the populace...anything...often enough and the public will chew their cud with bovine placidity meekly accepting and going along to get along as one of the stepford plague-ers thinks because to resist is futile, eh?

I think it's discourteous that people don't walk around without their fingers up their butts as the good doctor foochi insists, but (no pun intended) with plenty of lube of course.

Try it and you won't need vaccine because the finger/butt plug will keep the plague at bay rather like the little Dutch Boy.

Honest to pieces, try it!

Psssst, it's frankly discourteous if you don't...
    What part don’t you get? Obviously the whole thing. I won’t look back at any BS you have to add to your rant.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I don’t always wear a mask but when I do I wear it to be curtious.
    Courteous people deserve courtesy.
    Those that are discourteous and demand I do something just to make them feel better, especially since it likely won't help protect them at all and will make life harder for me, do not deserve courtesy in return. And will likely not get any from me.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    When life throws you lemons, make some lemonade... also. Zorro masks FTW.
    ca43f2b50d951c828a65356672d27021.jpg

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    With the CDC recommendations, and the number of folks I'm starting to see wearing a mask at the grocery stores, I thought I would ask here.

Poll is set up so you can select up to 3 choices and are allowed to change your vote at a later time if things get even more crazy.
    Like most vets who have deployed to Japan and other dense population areas, I am used to wearing a mask when I have a cold. I had Covid in November, trust me when I say that -wearing a mask, washing hands often and just like the drill sarge said "keep your hands off that face maggot!" are a tiny issues. COVID 19 is not the flu, it is an ass kicker!

Gilgondorin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    San Antonio
    I do because I'm caring for an elderly relative.

Although I had the illness and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting, I have to care for a very elderly relative with lots of high risk factors for kicking the bucket if they catch it, so I don't want to take the chance.

Just as well, it's not optional at work and the grocery store, which are the only two places I ever go (was a homebody even before the pandemic).

Top Bottom