• I would if I could find a mask

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters

JeepFiend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Bryan, TX
    I think I fall in line with many of you to some point. If a business owner has a "Masks required" to enter their establishment, I wear one. It's his business, it's his right to make rules...that consists of virtually every place in Bryan/College Station I've been to. When I leave said business, the mask comes off before I reach my car. As to the efficacy of masks, I don't know what to say. I kind of think, if you're gonna get it, you're gonna get it, and a mask won't help you out. Now my wife got sick almost 2 weeks ago, and she wears a mask everywhere and diligently uses hand sanitizer. After 4 days of fever, I took her to an outdoor kiosk for a test, she came back positive. Both she and I quarantined over Christmas. We don't wear masks in our home, and we don't social distance. We both tested yesterday after being in the same home, mask free, no social distancing. She still has a cough and fever comes and goes. My results came back negative and I still only have symptoms of a mild hangover, which can be explained by different stimuli. Still waiting on her results.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Yes, you are asymptomatic. You don't know that you have Covid (because you would quarantine if you did).
    There was just a study where about 300 asymptomatic carriers were contact traced and not a single case was from them. I.e. unless you have symptoms, a mask and lockdowns don't help anything but feelings.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I think I fall in line with many of you to some point. If a business owner has a "Masks required" to enter their establishment, I wear one. It's his business, it's his right to make rules...that consists of virtually every place in Bryan/College Station I've been to. When I leave said business, the mask comes off before I reach my car. As to the efficacy of masks, I don't know what to say. I kind of think, if you're gonna get it, you're gonna get it, and a mask won't help you out. Now my wife got sick almost 2 weeks ago, and she wears a mask everywhere and diligently uses hand sanitizer. After 4 days of fever, I took her to an outdoor kiosk for a test, she came back positive. Both she and I quarantined over Christmas. We don't wear masks in our home, and we don't social distance. We both tested yesterday after being in the same home, mask free, no social distancing. She still has a cough and fever comes and goes. My results came back negative and I still only have symptoms of a mild hangover, which can be explained by different stimuli. Still waiting on her results.

It is not the business owners making the mask rules. They are required to post the 'mask required' signs by the city or county. Only a few business owners will actually require customers to wear a mask in their store but the vast majority will not.

I have not worn a mask since this nonsense started and have only been asked to leave a store twice. I have been asked on several occasions if I have a mask or if I need a mask and I just say no that I am exempt.

This mask nonsense is going to continue as long as sheeple people comply.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    It is not the business owners making the mask rules. They are required to post the 'mask required' signs by the city or county. Only a few business owners will actually require customers to wear a mask in their store but the vast majority will not.

I have not worn a mask since this nonsense started and have only been asked to leave a store twice. I have been asked on several occasions if I have a mask or if I need a mask and I just say no that I am exempt.

This mask nonsense is going to continue as long as sheeple people comply.

Are you truly exempt or just don't want to comply. Big difference. If it's the latter you are making it hard on us who are exempt.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I was wearing a mask to go into stores and at work( work I am being paid to wear one so a little different)
    After driving from Texas to Pennsylvania and back and seeing that most of the states ( at least AR, TN, KY, OH and PA)
    Residents are actively ignoring the mask order I have decided that the only place I will wear one is at work.
    I was in HEB the other day and I swear I think I was the only one not wearing a mask. Made me very disappointed
    Quoting myself, apologies.
    I saw two other maskless granny killers at HEB today. Hopefully the war on grandma will escalate and I will see 4 next time.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    So far, around our town, I see many business' having the signs saying masks are required, but very, very few people are wearing them and so far, it doesn't seem like any of the business' are pushing the issue. I haven't had one employee yet tell me, or even ask me to put a mask on.

So far, the doctor's office is the only place I am wearing a mask.

JeepFiend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Bryan, TX
    It is not the business owners making the mask rules. They are required to post the 'mask required' signs by the city or county.

Yep, and I don't want to be the reason these small businesses get shut down by the city or county. If it were my livelihood I was risking, that would be one thing. When it's someone else's, If they're going to post a rule, I will comply with their rules. However, this is the mask I wear:
    mask.jpg

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    If the masks become an accepted way of "protecting others", then everything else Will suddenly be on the table to "protect others" as well. Whatever they can pass off as a public emergency.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    They aren't even hiding it...

Joe Biden knows that gun violence is a public health epidemic.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Are you truly exempt or just don't want to comply. Big difference. If it's the latter you are making it hard on us who are exempt.

What is your definition of 'truly exempt'? Do you mean, do I have a physical or mental reason for not wearing a mask as written in our little dictator abbott's EO? If so, then yes I am "truly exempt".

If someone just doesn't want to comply, how does that make it harder on those that are in your opinion are truly exempt?

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Yep, and I don't want to be the reason these small businesses get shut down by the city or county. If it were my livelihood I was risking, that would be one thing. When it's someone else's, If they're going to post a rule, I will comply with their rules. However, this is the mask I wear:
    View attachment 238565

That is a cute way to comply.

Who is forcing you to wear the mask?

JeepFiend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Bryan, TX
    That is a cute way to comply.

Who is forcing you to wear the mask?

You and I look at it differently. You say I comply because I wear a mask maybe 3% of the time. If someone requests I leave their premises, I will do so. I will not remain until I'm forced. I was raised to believe that was common courtesy. I don't see much difference here. I don't wear it because the government tells me to. I do because a proprietor of a business I wish to transact with requests that I do in the form of posting a sign.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    They aren't even hiding it...

How ironic tying the two together. I remember back when the only guys with guns you had to worry about were the ones wearing masks. My how times change.

And with facial recognition while wearing masks coming along, maybe we should be looking into masks that conceal more just to be safe.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I got one that says don't tread on me.

I sharpied on "again" at the bottom.

Top Bottom