Political: Cartoons, Memes, Funny Pictures, etc.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    1723643927624.png

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Trust me, I know stats. The smaller the population though the bigger effect the outliers have. Consider the effect a flier will have on a three shot group's standard deviation. Now think about that same flier on a 20 shot group.

So let's say you're looking at Nye County NV with a population of 55k people and an area of 18k square miles and they have one murder last year*. That one murder just earned you a murder rate of 2/100k. Now you have NYC with a 8.3M people and an area of 302 square miles. You need 1660 murders to obtain that same 2/100k per capita murder rate all concentrated into an area < 2% the size of Nye County. Both have the same per capita results but which would you feel safer in?

edit: typo
    edit two: I looked it up and Nye County by happenstance did in fact have just one murder in 2024 so far this year (good guess I suppose, they also had a 100% clearance rate on that single murder), NYC has "only" had 246 as of July reported numbers. By the "math thing" that says that NYC is considerably safer than Nye County but I think all of us logically know we'd be safer in Nye than NYC. Original asterisk below...

*the population and area are correct but I didn't go look up their actual murder rate
    Oh yes sample sizes much match to be compared, the stats mentioned was per 100,000 so areas with less than 100,000 cannot be fairly compared...as you pointed out.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

<>

The internment of certain non-us Citizen Japanese US residents was precipitated by actual efforts of Jap resident aliens in Hawaii. They helped a crash-landed Zero pilot who went down on a smaller island.

It is my understanding that those who were U S Citizens were given options.

Several US resident alien Germans & Italians were also interned.

leVieux

<>

Me

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2021
    Austin
    <>

<>
    unfortunately that understanding is incorrect...

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    <>

The internment of certain non-us Citizen Japanese US residents was precipitated by actual efforts of Jap resident aliens in Hawaii. They helped a crash-landed Zero pilot who went down on a smaller island.

Several US resident alien Germans & Italians were also interned.

leVieux

<>
    There was an Italian POW internment camp in north Texas - can’t recall where right now.

I know this thread was mainly discussing ethnic immigrants living in the US and being placed in the tournament camps, but I found it interesting. I think the Italian prisoners contributed a left apart and Italian cultural influences to that area of Texas..

ETA: I just looked it up and it was camp Hereford, near Hereford, Texas. At its peak, it housed 5000 Italian prisoners of war.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    unfortunately that understanding is incorrect...

<>

Most of the links I can find agree with you.

<>

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I know this thread was mainly discussing ethnic immigrants living in the US and being placed in the tournament camps, but I found it interesting.

Not even fucking close. This thread is for political cartoons, memes, and pictures.

Notice it doesn't say random yapping?

Not aimed at you personally, just a reminder for members in general.

12bffaf920a5f1dff1ccaaebd8ace6ff.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom